IGNORED

A good first Putter?

Crate
Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you've got the cash to drop, do it! I am a beginner golfer, and bought a scotty, sure don't regret it!
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Don't try to buy a putting game. Go to the proshop and hit every putter you like the look of. One of them will convince you to take it home, usually the one you can't seem to miss with. It's not about brand, price, model or anything other than finding the putter that works for you.

Personally, I change putters all the time, but I just like putters so I own several that I like.

The only way you can choose one is to go and try out a lot of them. I did it and it's really helped me. Usually all Scotty's work well for me, but that's me, you need to try them out yourself.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I really don't want to buy a putter game ettsn. ha ha! If you could I'm sure it would expensive and more than likely sold out.

As I go over post after post search after search It seems a high percentage of you end up with the Scotty Cameron or Odyssey putter. I figured I would bite the bullet and buy a putter from a respected manufacturer.

This way I could always send it in and have work done if need be as my putting improved. But I held off on the buy, Why? I did not know what length to get 33",34" or 35" I'm just a tad over 6' but my legs are short. I'm going to research how to measure the proper fit.

My legs a little on the short side, I may bet better off with a 34" or even the 33"

I know what you're saying, but all too often you hear "I'm a lousy putter, should I spend $300 on a new putter?" when what they mean is "Will a $300 putter make putts for me?" and that answer is no. Note, I'm not saying not to buy a Scotty. Not at all. They are fantastic. Just don't limit yourself. Wouldn't you hate it if you spent a lot on the putter you thought you'd like, only to find out you either don't hit well at all with it, or you find another that you hit like magic with (perhaps even a different Scotty)? My advice was to never decide a putter without going to a shop and putting around with everything you like the look of. Like puppies, one will beg you to take it home.

As far as "fit" on a putter , don't believe the hype. Length and lie are based on stance, swing and hand position. Nothing to do with height, weight or moonphase. There's no chart that can tell you what you'll find natural to swing with. Putters are very different animals than irons or woods.

you should really check out gigagolf.com and check out their putters. i got mine for about $50 w/ shipping included. giga golf is a clone company. using the same technology from other big name companies but w/ out the big prices. i absolutely love the putter i got from them. great balance and feel. felt like $150 putter.... amazing..

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

humm. I'm going to be one of those that also will tell you to try out all sorts of putters first. For example if you're left or right eye dominant there is a particular type of hosel putters you should look at in particular, this rule is not set in stone, but it does help. Do you prefer center shaft putters? blade over mallet? your putting stroke will dictate alot of that. Don't get me wrong SC's are great putters, hell i'm looking at a SC Circa#2 atm.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!