IGNORED

Driver broken?

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So yesterday after my round I noticed that there was a dent in the back of my driver. I don't remember seeing it before or during the round. My only guess is that my dumbass forget to put the sleeve on it after using it and it knocked into another club.
What do you think?

I don't see any crack marks, looks close though. Nice sized dent. I won't be able to test it out for a couple days. I assume its fine though? I hope so.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Hell, I remember I topped the ball once with driver last night? That couldn't be a dent from the ball could it? LOL

Joel Holden

Hell, I remember I topped the ball once with driver last night? That couldn't be a dent from the ball could it? LOL

You can see dimple marks around the edge of the dent. I would have thought it was from a side shank rather than a "topping", like when your club head extends out too far. Still not sure how you did it???

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can see dimple marks around the edge of the dent. I would have thought it was from a side shank rather than a "topping", like when your club head extends out too far. Still not sure how you did it???

Yeah that's probably what it was, the ball went to the left so it was probably a side shank. ugh...haha...it was the goddamn ball, I'm sure of it now.

Joel Holden

Yeah that's probably what it was, the ball went to the left so it was probably a side shank. ugh...haha...it was the goddamn ball, I'm sure of it now.

No. . .the tee slipped. :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No. . .the tee slipped.

hahahah

I actually got to test it out on my lunch break. ALL IS WELL. Still has it's POP

Joel Holden

How do you even do that?!?!

I can do some amazing things with a golf club, unfortunately none of them result in the ball going where I want it too.

Recently I triple hit a flop shot. It was awesome.

Joel Holden

I can do some amazing things with a golf club, unfortunately none of them result in the ball going where I want it too.

Recently I triple hit a flop shot. It was awesome.

Good news. Still only counts as two. One penalty only.

Rule 14-4

Ball Struck More than Once

Q. While chipping from off the green, Crim strikes the ball once, and then strikes it a second time on his follow through. What is the ruling?

A. Crim has made a stroke and must add one penalty stroke to his score. The answer is the same regardless of how many times Crim struck the ball.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

You know you've got problems when you've got a dent on the club in that location with dimples on it and at least two other ball marks near it and you don't even realise that's where you're hitting it :-P

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Crim are you sure you did not just get mad and try to beat the ball into the ground, that is one big dent? :doh:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

You know you've got problems when you've got a dent on the club in that location with dimples on it and at least two other ball marks near it and you don't even realise that's where you're hitting it

When I severely miss-hit, I never know what's going on or what happened haha. Strangely enough, I ending up playing a fairly long 9 hole course yesterday and driver was the most consistent club. That's never happened before, nothing feels better than when drives are long and straight IMO. (long for me right now is 215-230....lol).

Knowing what I was doing to my club made me realize I needed to ease up on my swing a bit.

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!