• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valleygolfer

Fake titleist clubs on Craigslist...

6 posts in this topic

I stumbled over an ad on Craigslist for 714 AP2s. They are listed for $700.00 and being sold by a "wife" who bought them for her "husband". I started asking a few questions, "she" said she bought them from Golfsmith and didn't know much about them or where the serial number was. I asked for a build sheet, I got one from my pings, does titleist put that in the box? I also told her where the serial was located and suddenly she is not heard from.... Any input on this? I may report the person.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Tough to tell.  The word "FORGED" looks different than the stock drawing on the Titleist site.

After consulting the titleist website I did notice that the shafts were missing the security sticker. I should have posted the picture of the shafts and the grips. I don't know how these people couldn't get in trouble for this. Maybe the wife bought them and her husband told her that they are fake but I doubt it.

Tough to tell.  The word "FORGED" looks different than the stock drawing on the Titleist site.

The metal is probably poorly cast as well. The font is often off among other things.

The metal is probably poorly cast as well. The font is often off among other things. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100509/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100510/] [/URL]

They are forged, not cast and if she bought them off the rack there is no "build sheet". The serial number isn't a tell either. Ask for a receipt or proof of purchase.

They are forged, not cast and if she bought them off the rack there is no "build sheet". The serial number isn't a tell either. Ask for a receipt or proof of purchase.

New Titleist clubs have stickers on the shafts and I believe hosel now. I know they have security stickers. I know they (real clubs) are forged but the fakes are cast.