• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patch

Off The Wall PGA Stats

1 post in this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I'm not nearly as consistent as the previous two guys, but I'm typically 10-30 yards shorter with my 3 wood depending on the day and conditions. I could probably use 3 wood instead of driver a majority of the time and still put myself far enough off the tee that I'm not at a significant disadvantage, but honestly I'm not really any more accurate with it than I am with the driver so it's not really worth the loss of distance most times. As far as asking what loft you should look at, it's very difficult for anyone to really answer that because it would depend on the technology in whatever driver you went with. Some do better with higher loft if it's a lower spin model, while others will be better with lower loft if it's more of a mid spin model. Not to mention that shaft flex/kick point/tip stiffness etc all have some impact on launch and spin numbers. Your best bet, if at all possible, would be to find a place that has a launch monitor and a used club selection that will allow you to test as many options as you can.
    • I only have 2 wedges at the moment, I need to add a gap wedge. PW - smooth swing 135, 140 is max yardage SW 56 degree 110, 115 is max yardage clearly there is room for a 50 or 52 degree which I think should put me right about 120-125.
    • Full Swings PW (Mizuno MP53) 120 GW (Mizuno MP53) 110 SW (Callaway Mack Daddy 2) 100 LW (Callaway Mack Daddy 2) 85   The LW has become more and more versatile for me and I use it for 40-90 yards much of the time now...Really liking it.
    • Perfect.  Exactly what I was thinking.  I was also rooting against her as well for the exact reasons you stated.  If she had handled the rules infraction like a honorable person, I wouldn't be thinking negatively towards as I do today.  I know she is a good golfer...but now whenever I hear her name all I can think about is how many times has she adjusted her ball on the green.  She ruined her reputation with me(not that she would care) in ever being someone I am going to pull for.  I don't care that she is from the USA and is a great golfer.  I would root against her in a Solheim cup.  If she had behaved and reacted in the way that you mentioned...I would not harbor the thoughts that I do in my head when I hear her name.  There is nothing that she can do at this point forward to wipe her reputation clean with me.  She will always be a rule bender in my eyes.  The apologists for her in making her to be the victim are simply wrong in so many ways....
    • The only wedge I ever hit full is my PW.  123 yds.  And even that's pretty infrequent, as a little flighted 9-iron is a favorite alternative if conditions call for it. Everything else is some sort of smooth/flighted/partial shot that varies depending on the specific circumstances in front of me.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Isaac03
      Isaac03
      (33 years old)
    2. phillyk
      phillyk
      (27 years old)
    3. PhishAreFriends
      PhishAreFriends
      (27 years old)