IGNORED

Recalling your first Eagle

play4him
Note: This thread is 6077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can not remember my first eagle but i remember my most recent eagle. It was earlier this season. The hole is about a 60 degree dogleg right. Its only about 180 to the dog leg but quite tough to cut the angle because its going over dense trees. But i take a 5 iron and hit it perfect right over the trees leaving me about ~240 to the green. I take my 3 iron and hit it perfect but a little to the right. The ball landed in the rough and bounced left into the fairway about 30 yards short. I take my lob wedge and hit i perfect shot, it rolls about 10 feet and right in the cup. I couldn't believe it.

Then about 7 holes later, my playing partner gets his first eagle, on a par 4. He hit an OK drive down the right side, about 70 yards from the green. I'm not sure what he hit but he slammed dunked the ball. I couldn't believe it. He was flipping out and the guys on the tee behind us were yelling. It was amazing.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

I had my first eagle last week. It was great, a 525 yd par 5 hit a 3 wood into the green from 255 yds out to 6 ft from the hole. probably the best shoot of my life so far. I was amazed that I made the putt. But it got my round going, 80 fro the round. I still can't break it...80 that is.

"The golf swing is like sex. You can't be thinking about the mechanics of the act while you are performing." -Dave Hill

I have had 4 eagles during my many years of playing golf. The first two were the most memorable. The first was at Tidewater Golf Course in Myrtle Beach. My buddy and I had a very early morning tee time to play. Later that day, Tidewater was hosting an event for NFL players for the purpose of selling property to them to develop homes around the course. Well, we ended up playing with Lawrence Taylor (of New York Giants fame) because he had other committments in the afternoon. We played the back nine first and it was either the 17th or 18th hole that is a par 5. I hit driver, three wood and then sunk about a 45 foot putt. Lawrence Taylor screamed so loud that it made me a little nervous to play the remainder of the round with him.

My second eagle was a hole in one at Speidel Golf Course in Oglebay Park, Wheeling West Virginia. It is a Robert Trent Jones design and I hit a beautiful pitching wedge shot 124 yards. One bounce and a bit of a spin back into the hole. It was awesome. That was July 5, 1007.

Two others since then but neither were as exciting as my first two.

My second eagle was a hole in one at Speidel Golf Course in Oglebay Park, Wheeling West Virginia. It is a Robert Trent Jones design and I hit a beautiful pitching wedge shot 124 yards. One bounce and a bit of a spin back into the hole. It was awesome. That was July 5, 1007.

I am still waiting for my hole in one. Amazed that you remember yours, seeing that it was 1000 years ago. LOL. Sorry, I just couldnt help myself.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Mine was very easy to remeber, because it has only happened once (so far) and it was on a par four where I pitched in from 135 yards. What makes it even more special was it was one of the few times my wife was walking along with me (she doesn't golf but walks along occasionaly) I jumped and yelled, she said "there's not much to this is there?'

I got my only eagle at this course called Heritage Bluffs in northern Illinois. Beautiful course, I'd really like to play it again someday. It was hole number 10, a 400 yard par 4 that was straight. It would go downhill then the green was very elevated. A good 30 feet, I could only see the very top of the flag. I hit my drive down the cart path, ended up being about 310 yards. Then from the rough I hit a PW into the hole, didn't know it until I noticed there were no balls on the green. Was an amazing time. Then a couple holes later I birdied a par 3, draining a 25 foot putt.

I love to hate this damn game.

My first eagle was probably 4 weeks ago now, 530 yard par-5, with a slight dogleg. I rip this beautiful drive down the center, rolls to about 205 out.

I have a slight wind at my back to a front pin and I grab a 5-Iron, hit a perfect little draw that settles to 2-feet.

Walk up, tap it in, what a great moment!
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

My first one came about 10 years ago on a 300 yard par 4. I drove the ball pin high, but left of the green. I had a deep bunker between my ball and a pin that was cut about feet onto the green. I hit a flop shot that landed about 4 feet from the hole and rolled straight in.

Since then I have had four more. Three of them have been on Par 4's that I have driven and one on a Par 5. Still waiting for the Ace. I lipped out a 30 footer for eagle a couple weeks ago on a short par 5. It's been about 5 years since my last one.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I've had 2.

The first was "real," and was the most memorable. Maxwell Air Force Base, AL, Cypress Tree Golf Course, West 18, 18th hole. 370 yard dogleg left, second shot over a ravine/barranca. Drive 220 with a 3 wood. I stood over my 7-iron second and thought "this requires a slight fade," as the pin was on the right side of the green. I was an 18hcp and couldn't reliably curve the ball and didn't try almost ever, but for some reason, as I looked over this shot, I thought about trying to fade it.

I faded it, perfectly, and watched it bounce on the front of the green, hop forward, and take a second mini-hop right into the hole. I still have the ball.

Second eagle was a 465 yard, flat par 5 on another military golf course that I reached in 2 and chipped in from just off the green. Seemed too easy to be a "real" eagle, but it was, on the card anyway.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My first eagle was around 1992/1993 at the short 490-yard par-5 15th at Mountain Meadows GC in Pomona CA. From an elevated tee box I drove it down the left side of the fairway. I was 190 out but had wide bushy tree maybe 30-40 yards in front of me. I pured a 5 iron just over the tree to the right center of an elevated green. I jarred an uphill right to left 15 footer for my eagle.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Still waiting on my eagle... :(

I'm not that long of a hitter...so I may need to play from the gold tees! :)

I did "assist" in an eagle (ace) once....it was in Destin, FL and a buddy of mine was saying that he hit his 8-iron 150 yds....which was the distance of this Par 3 that we were on. He grabbed his 7-iron and I said, hey don't you hit your 8-iron 150??

He grabbed it and the after a one hop bounce, the rest was history!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

I dont remember my First birdie or First Eagle, but My first and Only " Albatross " Double Eagle I do remember, 235 out 3 wood landed on edge of the hole, tore 1/2 and inch out of it and fell to the bottom :)

Congratulations! Not maybe people get an albratross.

In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I just got my first and second this summer within one week of each other. The first was on the par 5 two hole at Smoky Hill Country Club in Hays, KS and my parents were there as witnesses. Driver, 5 iron and an approx. 12 ft. putt. The second was in Clearwater, KS on a nine hole course. They have a short par 4 six hole that I landed from the tee and sunk a 20 footer.
WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

Note: This thread is 6077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!