IGNORED

Golf etiquette

nurseduffer
Note: This thread is 6649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I missed Booze-Allen on Sunday...but I kind of got the picture.
I would not have such a hard time with it if Sabbatini didnt just burn off the 18th without even shaking Cranes hand or SOMETHING!
Eventhough playing out of turn is against etiquette...I probaby would have been frustrated as well...but come on.. at least aknowledge the "traditional handshake"
What do you guys think?
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

They did a quick handshake after Crane putted in, but then Rory was jawing at Crane while they were walking off the green.

It's one thing to get annoyed with slow play, it's another to react the way Rory did. He's a professional and one would hope that means he has some sort of mental capacity to forget about how slow they're playing. I play fast, and while I'm not a professional, I don't let slow players bother me. I just grab a beer, chew sunflower seeds and chill. Simple as that.

my hat goes off to Crane and middle finger goes up to Rory.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They did a quick handshake after Crane putted in, but then Rory was jawing at Crane while they were walking off the green.

Hey Josh,

Read the thing about Vijay What a wussy...if you don't like the conditions and they are too tuff for you then don't play. I never really liked Vijay, this just confirms my opinon that the guy is an @#$hole. This is not a tragedy...people who lost families in the Tsunami...now that is a tragedy He is like one of those snotty "hoitey toitey" "members" at the country club...all they do is look down on every one else and bitch and moan about stuff that doesnt really matter. He like the "members" needs to land and try and live in the real world. I generally don't root against players...but it would be awesome to see him not make the cut..that would rock!!!!!!
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

Aren't there fines for being put on the clock? Does the Tour differentiate between which guy is causing the slow play or do they both get nailed with the fine?

Watching the interviews on ESPN, while every player "said" he shouldn't have done it, the tone of most of them seemed like Crane is a problem and something has to be done. Even Palmer said, "they all should play faster. That's my answer."

TaylorMade r7 Quad Driver 9.5 Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade RAC OS Graphite Stiff
TaylorMade RAC Black Wedges 52, 56, 60 degrees
TaylorMade TPA VII PutterMaxfli Black MaxHome Course

Being about etiquite, shouldn't a slow player playing with a quick player be trying to speed up and meet the tempo at halfway.. Instead the slow player has complete control. He can play as slow as he wants and if the other player gets upset he has poor manners. Isn't it poor manners to slow another player down..

Not that what Rory did wasn't rude, but he had been playing with Crane three of the four days, and was in the group behind Crane the other day. And on the final round they started tied, at the 11th hole were still tied. After that he didn't do so well, and I would bet he felt the constant slow play,and being put on the clock when it wasn't his fault, affected his game, so of course he was upset. And on 17 when he hit another bad shot he lost his manners.
I feel for him, I've wanted to blow up at a playing partners on a weekend round when paired up with someone I found distracting. And I don't play for money at all, let alone being in a position were a couple of strokes cost me tens of thousands of dollars.
Also from what I've read, even though they were no longer on the clock, the group ahead on 18 was putting before Crane got to the tee box.

Being about etiquite, shouldn't a slow player playing with a quick player be trying to speed up and meet the tempo at halfway.. Instead the slow player has complete control. He can play as slow as he wants and if the other player gets upset he has poor manners. Isn't it poor manners to slow another player down..

I agree 100%. It is unfair to a faster player to be put 'on the clock' when it is the slow playing partner that is causing the delay. I have a regular foursome I play with on Tuesdays and two of them are pretty slow. It gets aggravating when we have to let several groups play through because we are going so slow. I sympathize with Sabbatini.

In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• Administrator
I agree 100%. It is unfair to a faster player to be put 'on the clock' when it is the slow playing partner that is causing the delay. I have a regular foursome I play with on Tuesdays and two of them are pretty slow. It gets aggravating when we have to let several groups play through because we are going so slow. I sympathize with Sabbatini.

I think it's possible to sympathize with Rory (I do) yet still feel that the way he handled things was grossly inappropriate (I do).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 8 months later...
Ever since Sabbatini's shenanigans at the Booz-Allen I've not had much respect for the guy but his game has certainly come on strong this year. I've almost picked him a couple of times for the fantasy league (not that it matters at this point) but held off because of his antics. Golf is about respect as much as it is about hitting golf shots. Rory should take a tip from Vijay next time and complain to officials.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
Ever since Sabbatini's shenanigans at the Booz-Allen I've not had much respect for the guy but his game has certainly come on strong this year. I've almost picked him a couple of times for the fantasy league (not that it matters at this point) but held off because of his antics. Golf is about respect as much as it is about hitting golf shots. Rory should take a tip from Vijay next time and complain to officials.

The thing that bugs me most about his tantrum is that he did it on 17 and 18. If you're that close to finishing the round, just frickin' finish it. I think he did it there because those holes had the biggest crowds. I'm glad they booed him.

Tiger struggled again today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 6649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!