IGNORED

weight of clubhead

pappy01
Note: This thread is 3396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do not feel the weight of the club head at address or when I swing. How do I eliminate the tension in the grip, arms and across the top of my back so that I can feel the weight of the club head.

Some good threads for you to check out. The tension could be coming from where the grip is placed in your hand. Also refer to the posture thread to help with the back.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• You need to stick with one instructor as long as they’re not terrible. There’s no blueprint to improving a golf swing and different instructors may see different things as being more important and try to fix them. The end result is you get a hodge podge of things to work in that may not be cohesive or necessarily help you. If you stick to one instructor and communicate to them as such, they’ll also be able to work out a roadmap to your improvement which is more beneficial in the long run. If a guy assumes you’re just coming in for one lesson you might end up with a band aid.
    • Blew my 193 day streak today.   Wordle 1,053 X/6 🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨 🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩 ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Many thanks.  I read a lot of those posts.   Man, that is really deep.  As an old beginner, during a lesson or on the driving range, I have hit a good shot, you know pretty straight and it goes say 130 yards (7 iron).  The very next swing, I dig a ditch behind the ball.  I know I didn't do the same things on both swings.  Even this last lesson I had, I would hit a pretty good shot, not so on the next shot.  The instructor would quickly point out, "Hey you stayed on your back foot" or "Guess what happened there.  You got all armsy or handsy".  Sort of feels like I need a checklist when I prepare to swing each time.  I can see it now before every swing, "Hey can you guys give me 10 minutes while I run through my checklist".  In all seriousness, I see what you all are saying.  I wouldn't be overthinking it so much if just I could make decent contact most of the time.  Next lesson is about two weeks away.  Can't wait.  
    • Wordle 1,053 3/6 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • I was going to link in the same think @snapfade did.  Your swing is already consistent, repeatable, except for nearly "microscopic" differences.  The more mechanically-sound your swing becomes, the smaller and less frequent those "microscopic" deviations become.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...