IGNORED

How long do you think i should wait until getting fit for name brand clubs?

Note: This thread is 6033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i'm thinking about the Taylormade RAC OS irons now, the guy in golf galaxy said they would be good for me and i hit my freinds the other day and i like them. Good idea?

If you want RAC OSs I have a set I plan to sell next week. You might get 'em cheap.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

yeah ive come to realize that ping eye 2 is not a good fit for me. Still any word out on the Rac os

If you want them, I am selling them. See, I've become a club ho. I have several extra sets, got a new set today (Tourstage z101s) have a set of MacGregor PCB Miuras on the way and getting ready to buy some Srixons. I have some Mizuno MP30s for sale, and will be putting some Cleveland CG4s and Taylor Made RAC OSs for sale shortly. If you are interested in either the RACs or the Clevelands, I will accept a reasonable offer.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

If you want them, I am selling them. See, I've become a club ho. I have several extra sets, got a new set today (Tourstage z101s) have a set of MacGregor PCB Miuras on the way and getting ready to buy some Srixons. I have some Mizuno MP30s for sale, and will be putting some Cleveland CG4s and Taylor Made RAC OSs for sale shortly. If you are interested in either the RACs or the Clevelands, I will accept a reasonable offer.

What do you do with all those clubs? Don't tell me you're hugging them everytime you're asleep.

nykfan4life: Leek has the club you want. Who knows you'll get better deal out of him.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

• 4 weeks later...
I agree with all who said PCS Certified.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I had a set of the TM OS2. Great irons. Just didn't like the amount of offset. I'm down to only 3 sets of built irons. Going to get a set of the Tommy Armour Forged CB's. Have a couple sets of ACER component heads to build in the winter(XP Pros & XP 905 Tours).

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Duh????

You are in high school and shoot over 100. That means you're probably not on the golf team or moving towards a golf scholarship in college; just playing for fun.

Keep what you got. Play more. Get better. After college and when you have a good job, then get a nice set of fitted clubs if you're still interested in golf (I doubt it). If you don't get significantly better, you'll move on to some other hobby. People will do 1) what they are really good at or 2) what all their friends do. Teens don't play golf.

Spend the money on dating as many high school girls as possible; you will never get to date girls that age again unless you become a billionaire. Imagine you are 55; do you want to date someone like your grandmother or one of the girls in your classes? Now's your only chance, don't blow it.

I was a 8 handicapper in high school with a used set of cheap McGregors and played them in college and got down to scratch, playing only municipals (not well-maintained). I got my first set of "custom fitted" clubs when I was 44 years old.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Duh????

Yikes... A bit harsh, no?

This is an olderish thread, but it's an engrossing narrative. I'm curious, nykfan4life, did you get the new irons? If so, do you like them? Good luck on the golf team.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

I have never been fit before but I am going to get it done right the first time. I have been doing alot of research online. Titleist has the Performance Institute but that is geared towards fitness as well and it costs a fortune. Callaway has a pretty extensive fitting system. I have heard the Ping fitting is ok but not the best. TaylorMade has whats called the "Kingdom Experience" but it costs $5000.00 and you have to fly to California to get it done. TaylorMade also has a Performance Lab and I guess they just built one close to where I live in Orlando at Grand Cypress. I just saw the Golf Channel commercial and it looks pretty fascinating. Now that I finally have the money to plop down for some new sticks, I wanna make sure I am doing the right thing. I feel the proper equipment will drop my current index of 10.8. I will probably do the TaylorMade Lab since it is close but does anyone have any experience with any of these fitting facilities?

As you can see in my signature, exept for the short game, all my clubs are a no brand starter set. I have no idea what kind of specs they have aside from what it says on the clubs, which isnt a big help. The irons have very thin cavities(problably not the best idea for someone like me), and the woods are very small, the driver is 250cc, yes 250cc(two five zero)

I would do it as soon as you can financially do so. Properly fitted clubs will save you much aggravation on the course.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

I have never been fit before but I am going to get it done right the first time. I have been doing alot of research online. Titleist has the Performance Institute but that is geared towards fitness as well and it costs a fortune. Callaway has a pretty extensive fitting system. I have heard the Ping fitting is ok but not the best. TaylorMade has whats called the "Kingdom Experience" but it costs $5000.00 and you have to fly to California to get it done. TaylorMade also has a Performance Lab and I guess they just built one close to where I live in Orlando at Grand Cypress. I just saw the Golf Channel commercial and it looks pretty fascinating. Now that I finally have the money to plop down for some new sticks, I wanna make sure I am doing the right thing. I feel the proper equipment will drop my current index of 10.8. I will probably do the TaylorMade Lab since it is close but does anyone have any experience with any of these fitting facilities?

If you spend $5k getting your clubs fitted, you're out of your mind.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

Duh????

''

Actually i am going to be on the golf team, just JV(i'm a sophmore), possible varsity if i can break 100 in the try outs
Keep what you got. Play more. Get better. After college and when you have a good job, then get a nice set of fitted clubs if you're still interested in golf (I doubt it). If you don't get significantly better, you'll move on to some other hobby. People will do 1) what they are really good at or 2) what all their friends do. Teens don't play golf.

this one does

Spend the money on dating as many high school girls as possible; you will never get to date girls that age again unless you become a billionaire. Imagine you are 55; do you want to date someone like your grandmother or one of the girls in your classes? Now's your only chance, don't blow it.

i go to an all boys academy, but will keep this in mind(thank god for sister schools.) And i'm pretty sure when you're 55, the amount of money you have doesn't change it being statutory rape ;)

I was a 8 handicapper in high school with a used set of cheap McGregors and played them in college and got down to scratch, playing only municipals (not well-maintained). I got my first set of "custom fitted" clubs when I was 44 years old.

yeah, i understand i dont need them, but you can't say it would be a bad idea to get them. Its not on my dime anyway , my dad has agreed to get them for me pending my making the golf team
This is an olderish thread, but it's an engrossing narrative. I'm curious, nykfan4life, did you get the new irons? If so, do you like them?

i still haven't gotten them yet, golf comes in a couple months, but i plan on getting rac os2, ill update the thread when i get them(or start a new on, it'll be a while)

Note: This thread is 6033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!