IGNORED

Paul Casey Shoots 85!

Ole_Tom_Morris
Note: This thread is 6857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From ESPN's U.S. Open Coverage at http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/usope...ory?id=2088150 :"Englishman David Howell withdrew following a first-round 74 due to a torn abdominal muscle and fellow countryman Paul Casey did likewise after an 85. He did not give a reason."
Surely an 85 is reason enough.

Add your own joke!

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

• Administrator
From ESPN's U.S. Open Coverage at

That's funny.

Screw Paul Casey, I still say.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's funny.

I agree with you. The guy is taking up a spot that 9000 other guys tried to earn. He needs to take his lumps and play. Olin Browne was ready to withdraw from the qualifier and came back with 59. At least when Scott Hoch said that he hated playing over at the British Open he wasn't keeping someone else from fulfilling a dream by taking up there spot.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Hate to say it but as Brit,but i fully agree about Casey.

He said a while ago,after his comments about America,Americans etc etc that he was " trying to put it all behind him and let his golf do the talking " ............

His scores arent talking there positively SHOUTING !

47 over par for his last 7 rounds if im not wrong ! Awesome Paul.just awesome

Revenge is sweet im sure for all you people that side of the pond.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Well, first off, it's always funny to see the WD next to the high scores. I don't ever recall seeing a WD next to someone in the top ten on the leaderboard.

As for Casey, he really stuck his foot in his mouth. I honestly liked watching him play, as he was probably my favorite golfer from Europe. But after he said that, it kinda makes me have a different opinion on him.

I could forgive him if he apologized for it I think, but I don't see him taking that route anytime soon. He had a great sponsorship deal and a great golf game. Now he has a decent sponsorship and no golf game. It's sad to see that much talent wasted. I really thought me might contend at the British Open, and who knows, maybe he will.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!