IGNORED

Improving internal hip rotation

JaNiclas
Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

By the end of last year I was suffering quite some back pain. So a couple of months ago I decided to change and improve my swing.

The first time I filmed myself I was pretty shocked of my movements and I had quite some strong early extension going on.

I started to work on that and was searching for ways to improve that problem. After evaluating myself I recognized my hamstrings and lower back were way to tight

So I started to do stretches, learned how to improve my squat position and started following Kelly Starred who is kind of a Crossfit guru.

From that point on until now I was really able to improve my flexibility.

But there is that issue of the internal hip rotation, which is why I start this thread.

I still have a very poor internal hip rotation, of which my golf swing is suffering in my opinion.

I was already searching for stretches and videos online but I am not really finding a good solution.

Here is one video of an instructor doing exercises, who has a very good internal rotation and a video of myself which is showing me struggling.

Maybe some of you guys have or had the same problem and knows possible ways to work on that issue.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

By the end of last year I was suffering quite some back pain. So a couple of months ago I decided to change and improve my swing.

The first time I filmed myself I was pretty shocked of my movements and I had quite some strong early extension going on.

I started to work on that and was searching for ways to improve that problem. After evaluating myself I recognized my hamstrings and lower back were way to tight

So I started to do stretches, learned how to improve my squat position and started following Kelly Starred who is kind of a Crossfit guru.

From that point on until now I was really able to improve my flexibility.

But there is that issue of the internal hip rotation, which is why I start this thread.

I still have a very poor internal hip rotation, of which my golf swing is suffering in my opinion.

I was already searching for stretches and videos online but I am not really finding a good solution.

Here is one video of an instructor doing exercises, who has a very good internal rotation and a video of myself which is showing me struggling.

Maybe some of you guys have or had the same problem and knows possible ways to work on that issue.

Thanks for posting. I will try those.  I have pretty good hip flexibility, but would also like to keep it

I also recommend the hip rotation exercises in the DVD below.  I've been doing these for a while.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!