IGNORED

My Swing (PatrickBateman)

PatrickBateman
Note: This thread is 3341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When my shoulders go flat it's death for my swing. When I have my shoulders how they are here I hold the line a lot better, you really nailed it mvmac, absolutley crucial. This position at the top of the backswing seems to yield the best results, when my shoulders go flat everything goes wrong, my ass leaves the line, everything

When my shoulders go flat it's death for my swing. When I have my shoulders how they are here I hold the line a lot better, you really nailed it mvmac, absolutley crucial.

This position at the top of the backswing seems to yield the best results, when my shoulders go flat everything goes wrong, my ass leaves the line, everything

Happy to help, I've learned from some pretty smart dudes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm just coming off of an injury and getting back to work. The steeper shoulder plane on the backswing I seem to be able to do and repeat. I know what it feels like and have a pretty good handle on it. What I cant seem to stop doing is humping goats everywhere I go :cry: ...I've watched countless videos on it and have seen a few different opinions. Mark Crossfield says the majority of the time he sees it the handle is also high at impact. He says that if you have more of a sidearm motion into the ball it typically takes care of itself (loosely maybe even poorly paraphrased). Mvmac please help!! I don't usually hit balls that fast at the range, just trying to get a video. Thanks all

Edit: What I failed to get across is that I have heard countless opinions on what to do/how to fix it...Haven't really had any luck with anything.

I am sure you would get more help if you posted in other threads besides the one where you get free help @PatrickBateman

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I

Is that to say I am taking advantage of someone/something?

He's basically just saying this.

I don't think your early extension/goat humping is as bad as you perceive it to be.

I'd work more on getting your lower body/weight forward on the downswing so you can shallow the shaft.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

He's basically just saying this. [CONTENTEMBED=/t/73197/so-you-joined-tst-and-posted-a-member-swing-thread layout=block] [/CONTENTEMBED] I don't think your early extension/goat humping is as bad as you perceive it to be. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/129390/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/129391/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/129392/] [/URL] I'd work more on getting your lower body/weight forward on the downswing so you can shallow the shaft. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/129394/] [/URL]

I really like that video series, I've seen you post it in other threads. They keep things pretty simple. I recently made my swing steeper because I was hitting thin a lot, I think I may have over done it. I'm coming back off of an oblique tear and my ball striking is horrible, I really don't remember the last time it was this inconsistent.

I Is that to say I am taking advantage of someone/something?

Yes

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator

Well that's your right to feel that way

Does it matter to you if I agree with him?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Does it matter to you if I agree with him?

I mean I haven't been here for well over a month because I couldn't play and wanted to stay away from the game...I went to the range for the first time and posted my swing here. There were no ill intentions but since it's such a problem I'll just see myself out. Thanks for being such a douche bag about it though

I mean I haven't been here for well over a month because I couldn't play and wanted to stay away from the game...I went to the range for the first time and posted my swing here. There were no ill intentions but since it's such a problem I'll just see myself out. Thanks for being such a douche bag about it though

Almost every post you made is in this thread and someone else is the DB?-Ha ha ha.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!