IGNORED

how far is your long game?

Note: This thread is 5925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. where are you after the 2nd stroke?

• on the green
    • a chip away (5-20 yards from green)
    • almost there (21-50 yards from green)
    • kind of close (51-80 yards from green)
    • i can clearly see the pin (81-120 yards from green)
    • pw,9 or 8 hmmmm (121-145)
    • is that the flag or a tree? (146-more yards from green)

if two perfect shots back-to-back will get you there and that happens once every, say, 50 times you play a par 5, is it intellectually honest to say you can do it?

Not normally, no. But this is golf. Just about everyone out there mis-estimates 1) his score and 2) his driving distance. And besides, it's a measure of your

potential , much like a handicap, not what you'd do every day. (At least that's what I thought of the question, and seems to be the way most people answered.) My potential is being able to get home in two on just about any par five, and my potential is to shoot about an 84 on an average course (12 handicap.) But in reality, I'm 100 yards or more away, usually in the trees, and I'm shooting about an 88.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't get there in two.

50 yards away is the closest I could be.

Laws of golf :
LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.
In my stand bag:Driver: HiBore...

If the ground was frozen, I could get there in one.

You could get there in one because your index is .8 lower than mine,superstar.lmao

You agree though? we should be able to get home from 260yds or so if we hit a good tee shot?

If I can't get home in 2 on a 540yd. hole I'm not going to remain a 2 cap. for long.NOT BRAGGING here,It's just the way it is.

that's not true, talk to corey pavin, avg only 265yds per drive. that means driver-driver on average he is only at 530yds. it doesn't mean you have to hit it far to shoot low.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

that's not true, talk to corey pavin, avg only 265yds per drive. that means driver-driver on average he is only at 530yds. it doesn't mean you have to hit it far to shoot low.

Dude ,don't mean to be rude but all 2 handicap players I know,(from here anyways), have absolutely no problem what so ever getting to 540yd. par fours in two.by the way,we are at sea level as well.

Kind of a loose question. I can get it on easily, but the odds of it happening might not out weigh the odds of me making birdie by laying up. All depends on how you are hitting the ball that day, sometimes its better to just lay up. That is how Zach won the Masters this year. ;)

And by the way its funny to see the guy above me banned ahhaha
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Im can get on but the problem is jut hitting them staright enough. If it not a funky par 5 im usually pin high or around the green if i hit em straight.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I'd be looking at a Driver - 2h probably. On a really good day, depending on how hard I'm going at it.. Might end up Driver - 4iron..

Driver: SUMO 5000 8.5* w/ Aldila Proto-65 X 45.5"
3-wood: SQ w/ Diamana 83 X +1"
Hybrid: SuMo 2h w/ Project X +1"
Irons: MP-33 1-PW w/ TT X100 Sensicore +1"
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 54 + 60 +1"Putter: Red X 34"Me: 6'3" 220lbs. - 0-4 Handicap, depending on how much I work ;); NJCAA All-American,...

Assuming flat, dry ground, no tail/head wind etc etc... Two full shots (Drive, 3W) would probably leave me with a semi ( ), into the green about 60-80 yards.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• 2 weeks later...
usually I'd be 280 with driver, plus 230 with 3-wood for 510... leaving a 30 yard shot... BUT, if I have some space on both shots and can really lay into it... I'm on or on the left after having pulled my 3-wood.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Me too. Weird.

It's a real problem. I've had to get my own driving range with enough distance, and the only time I can use my driver is about a half swing. I'm starting to take tips from 30 handicappers so I can shorten it out a bit.

It's a real problem. I've had to get my own driving range with enough distance, and the only time I can use my driver is about a half swing. I'm starting to take tips from 30 handicappers so I can shorten it out a bit.

I've just taken to using distance-limited balls. Those put my drives at a consistent 285. Now, I got to do something about them ALWAYS landing in the middle of the fairway. It just gets too monotonous.

• 2 weeks later...
As was mentioned before, it would depend on the hole. If I were to lay up, I would try to be anywhere from 100-130 out depending on hazards, but if it was pretty open and I hit driver from the tee I would be "almost there" (about 40 yards out or so).

Good luck,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

I answered 5-20 yards. That answer is for par 4s 390-430.
Oh, I do hit some greens but about 60% of the time I'm going to be in that range

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!