IGNORED

All of the sudden....

Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

....I am blocking everything to the right (I am right handed.) I usually draw low irons and hit a high fade with 7-PW, but today I was blocking the ball a good twenty yards right of target. No matter what I did I couldn't fix it. I over compensated a few times and hit a couple of pull hooks. Any advice.
In My Bag:

Driver::Louisville Golf - Smart Persimmon 9.5*
Irons:CG2 3-PW
Wedges:Reg. 588's (SW, LW)Putter:Studio Design 1Ball:Pro-v1Bag:Pro Stand Deluxe

Perhaps, your right hand is more dominant?

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Drawing long irons and fading short irons doesn't seem to go together unless, barring other compensations, your ball postion is a little back for your long irons and wayyyy back for your short irons, which would lead to a fade starting at target or a little right and moving right from there. Try loosening your grip to help with the draw and check your ball position.

Joe McNulty

5SK™ Director of Instruction, Cape Cod, MA

Driver - D3 9.5

3-Wood - SQ 15

Hybrid - 17 Adams

4-PW - 714 AP2

50, 56 & 60 - Vokeys

Putter - Scotty

Ball - Pro V1x

I've had the same problem, and I'm beginning to work on freezing my left shoulder on my downswing and rotating around my body more when I swing.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Could be that you're just out of sync. i.e. your lower body is just miles ahead of your upper body which means that you're coming from too far inside which obviously results in a block.

Almost right on the nose SuperCow!. My hips were clearing way before my hands. I also found that I was getting very lazy with my shoulder turn toward the end of the season. All is well now, and the pretty little draw is back. 79 on Friday

In My Bag:

I have an all of sudden problem as well: an annoying swing killing hitch at the top of back swing. I cannot make a smooth transition down from the top position into the down swing. I was a solid 13 handicap before this problem developed but am now struggling to even break 90. The one day that my hitch disappeared I posted a tidy 79 on a very windy day.

ANY TIPS ANYONE? Please help me.

a pull hook and a push? these two shots are caused by different down swings.

are you hitting a pull hook and a slice or a normal hook and a push, where the ball starts (not where it finishes) can tell you a lot about your swing

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I was blocking the ball right. The pull hook came into play after I got pissed off and changed my swing to try to correct it. Turns out my swing plane was fine, but my shoulder turn was wimpy causing by hips to clear way before my hands (hence the block.)
In My Bag:

Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!