IGNORED

Driver Poll

Note: This thread is 5885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Driver Poll

• Callaway FT-5 Tour
    • Titleist 907D2
    • Ping G10

Please vote for one and state why you chose the one over the others. Please limit your choice to only these 3 drivers. Thanks.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

The 907D2 is a great driver, awesome feel.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I chose the Ping G10. I've hit all 3 drivers listed and the Ping, to me, gave me the best results. A little biased I'm sure since I have the Rapture currently...
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

FT-5 for me, although I bought the regular not tour version. I didn't think much of the 907D2 but thought the G10 was a great club when I hit it but not on a range only into a net with launch monitor.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Titleist 907D2 sounds and feels amazing, don't like the FT-5 to much, and haven't tried the G10 although I want to.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried them all, I'd pick the G10, actually I have a rapture myself. I'd take the G10, of these, because that is the one I hit most consistent with. The FT-5 was not far behind, but never liked the looks of it.

Best way is to go try for yourself & make your own opinion. It is not like you pick the least worst of 3 shitty drivers because of $ If you have narrowed it down to these 3, I imagine that is just what you have done, so I doubt you will be misserable with either of them. But which one is THE one? That only you can answer I think.

When I made my choose for the driver I narrowed it down to Synchron Medic (dirt cheap, but way up with the rest, might have taken it if it was not so fugly), CG Hibore XL, G10 & rapture. Ended up choosing between G10 & rapture, my own experince & the one from nearly everyone I have talked to is that the G10 is actually more forgiving than the rapture, some think the rapture gives better control of these 2. Only had the rapture a short time, but so far I have no regrets whatsoever.

That said, the G10 & rapture are VERY alike, at least to me when I tested them. On a sidenote here, I have been eyeing G10/rapture & CG1 for my new iron set, between the G10 & rapture there, I actually liked the G10 more, much more. The Rapture set is to be the monster, but it felt the other way around with the irons & hybrids, for me (driver I liked rapture better). What it always boils down to, is that in the end, only YOUR opinion matters when it comes to your own clubselection. I think you will be happy with either one, you have 3 good choices, question is, which one is the best?

Putter: Never Compromise - GM2 3
Driver: Ping G10 10,5° / Aldila DVS 60 S
Hybrid: PP Select 5000 - 15° / True Temper Dynamic Gold x300
Irons: Titleist AP2 - 3-PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold x100
Wedges: Titleist spin milled oil - 52, 56, 62° / True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Ball: Titleist ProV1

I chose the D2, I've had a chance to hit one on the range and play a few holes with it and it was a terrific club, I was able to play the shape I wanted without having to exaggerate my setup like I do with some clubs. It should be said that the shaft seemed to be a really good fit for me, as well, I think that's at least as important as the head. I have the Ping G2 currently and I'm really happy with that club as well, so I would expect a G10 to be stiff competition for the Titleist. Can't say I've tried the Callaway, but I haven't been excited about any of their clubs for a while.

• 4 months later...
I would choose the FT-5. I find it easy to use.

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

i was just hitting the Ping G5 (which is very similar to the G10) and i liked it better than the other two up there

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Last year I hit the 905R, the G5, and the Ft-3. All the baby models to these drivers.

I found the 905 a horrible driver, which was very hard to hit and did not feel right. Not sure about the 907

The G5 is a great driver, easy to hit and to me Very similiar to My Sasquatch. Im sure the g10 is similiar

but overall the FT-3 which is maybe similiar to the FT-5 is a great driver. Amazing loud sound. Easy to hit, very forgiving and An absolute bomb.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I've tried all of them. I bought the FT-5 before I tried the D2 or the G10. I like my FT-5 but the large head shape and the hosel is not really attractive. If I had a second chance, I might go with the D2 or the new Tour Burner.

I really like the Titleist...and also would put the g10 a step behind....WHat I love about Titleist drivers is the fact that they put a quality shaft in their drivers...a common shaft for the d2 is the Aldila NV Proto By You---which is a 180 dollar shaft..

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I voted G10. I just bought one, traded in a FT-5 I used all last summer. The FT-5 was nice and real accurate, I just think Ping is longer. I had a G2 before the FT-5 and it was longer. I haven't play a round with my new Ping yet, but know it will be similar to my G2 that I loved and a little better if I had to guess. Don't know much about the Titleist.

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 5885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!