IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Went out and scored another 79 today. This makes the fourth 79 in my last six rounds. I played ok overall, the course was pretty tough and it was my first time playing it. I hit water on 3, 5, and 16, all par 5's which is pretty disappointing. I drove great though, probably the best day for my driver this season.

Here's my scorecard.

Fore!

48 on the back nine at Fox Run (73/137) this morning. I was doing decently well, with solid iron play and chipping that put my father's short game to shame. However, I imploded on the last two holes...tripled the 17th after putting two balls in the woods (the kind of woods that are hopelessly unplayable, since you know the ball's about a mile into them). Then, on the 18th, I drove into a sand trap, tried to 3-iron it out (didn't work, landed well short of my goal) topped the next shot into the lake...well, needless to say, I snowman'd the last hole.

Time Taken...About 1:50, and I spent plenty of time practicing my putting, dropping 2 or 3 balls on several greens.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Shot a reasonably steady 44. Other than a blow up tripple where I followed a pulled drive with a high risk shot where a tried to hit my 3 hybrid under some branches and then make it draw. It got up about 3 feet too high/too quick and got knocked down. I followed that with another dumb shot on the way to 7. The only other reall issue was when I hit a flop shot that landed 5 feet from the pin and proceeded to three putt for double. Five over for two hole and 4 over for the other 7.

On a positive note, I got to meet a fellow Sand Trap member. Golfcheif is a Ranger where I play on Sundays. We had never met until he was driving arround and saw my green golf bag. He said he recognized it from my signature and took a chance that it was me. Unfortunately, he was there to see my tripple bogey.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Shot an 82 today, not much to say.. thought i was playing bad but turned out well.. got a nice 30 foot bird on a 514 yrd hole.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Played 9 holes after work Monday 5/7/07 and shot a 40. Short, easy course though so I don't think that's anything impressive. Don't think I played any worse or better than I have been playing. Did make a couple nice putts to save par's and I haven't been doing that. Still made some dumb mistakes.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

46 on 9 holes at The Willows (the front 9). I was pushing drive after drive into the cabbage with no real explanation why I was doing that. I only hit 2 fairways, I think. However, I finally began to use the concept of "course management" and hit a few irons where I used to crank the 3-Wood...allowed me to save a couple pars and get my game together in the last 3 holes and salvage an average-to good score for me.

Time Taken: A bit under 2 hours. I spent a lot of time stuck behind a convoy of foursomes after about five holes, though. (Yes, I am a single on a public course.)

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
Shot a 38 on the back nine with two pars on holes 8 and 9, where I started. So +2 for 10 holes ain't bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was lucky enough to be in the Jacksonville FL area for the last 5 days and managed to get in 5 rounds. 87, 83, 89, 77, and a 47/36 = 83 11 shots better on the back was a nice way to finish

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I shot a pretty ugly 50 at the back 9 of The Willows this afternoon (9 holes was all my father could take; I went back in the afternoon as a single). I hit a grand total of 4 foul balls (2 to the left, OB, 2 into the woods right, hopelessly unplayable) on the 13th, so I was like "Shit, I'm hitting 9". I ended up with a 12 on that hole and a comment from the ranger; "No, son, you can't go that way".

I eventually took a 12 on that hole and resolved to hit an iron off each tee until I could get a lesson on not spraying my tee shots with the pro. End result...I shot a 28 for the first 4 holes (including 6 lost balls), but a 22 (only 2 over) for the last 5 holes. I nuked the three iron off each tee, except for a par 3, where I hit a 9 iron to within ten feet. I missed a lot of birdie putts today, but I did birdie the par-5 18th' with 3 iron, 3 iron, 5 iron to 4 feet.

I'm guessing my handicap to be 25: but I think I have the iron play of a 5. It's just the driver that gets me in trouble. I hit every fairway with my iron play, but none with the driver, not to mention not losing a single ball on the last 5 holes.

Time Taken: 1:20. A little waiting involved, I got to play through a threesome while a guy was looking for his ball, but I wasn't raking putts and loading up on 7's and 8's, either. I was playing at an average speed.

Shot and 86 today, didnt play too well. Missed 4 4 ft putts for par on holes 2,5,3 and 18. woulda put me in better shape. My driving was on and off today. Putting wasnt as clutch as it was yesterday. I dont think i 3 putted once though.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

46 on the front 9 this morning. I hit an iron off every tee, deciding to bag the driver. As an end result, I only lost one ball (a hosel rocket on the second that landed in some serious cabbage), and hit a lot of fairways and greens in regulation. The killer today, however, was that I couldn't putt for shit (22 putts). That was 4 three-putt holes and 5 two-putt holes, even though my iron play often left me within 10 feet of the hole.

• Administrator
80. 37/43, which is usually the opposite of what I shoot. I got a good break on the front (once) which led to a birdie on a REALLY tough hole, then two bad breaks on the back nine. But mostly it was bad swings.

Of course, I figured out what I was doing wrong on #17, but by then it was too late. I'm not sure how I managed to hit the ball reasonably well on the front nine given the lack of warmup and the bad swing, but oh well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot a 96 at Cannon Ridge today. Pretty horrible score, but it was more of an "exploratory" round than an actual scoring round. Put my new Ignite irons into play for the first time, plus I'm still figuring out a post-physical therapy swing that's easier on my back.

I also figured something else out today... the past two times out I've shot around the 100 mark (last year I was in the mid-80's to low-90's). I think I know why. Over the winter, after 36 years of wearing glasses, I decided to get contact lenses. And although I'm able to walk around and see things fine, apparently my depth perception has changed ever-so-slightly. With glasses (I have a strong Rx), things tended to distort slightly, making objects seem slightly further away than they really were. I've swung a golf club all my life with this perception. Now I have contacts, and my perception's changed -- I need to gradually adjust to this as well.

So it looks like 2007 is a "relearning golf" year for me.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Hello all...Sorry for the email Erik...LOL...Guess I have to post a couple of things first...LOL...Anyways....Shot 9 holes today with a score of 42. Tried out my new Nikdent 4 iron Hybrid and loved it. There is a 185 yd par 3 with trees on the left that I can not seem to hit and today..Well...I was a little right....but a decent shot no less....Was chipping for eagle on the par 5 due to a great drive and DECENT 3 wood. We play at the Elk's Lodge for our league and I had to play a blind....which blew...But all was well...got 6 out 0f 9 points. So..Hi all and glad to be here

Eric Camper
Driver: 450*
Hybrid: Nickent 2/17*
Hybrid: Nickent 4/23*
Irons: Ti-100 5-SWPutter: Craz-e

I played in a tournament yesterday and shot a 79... AGAIN. That made five out of my last seven rounds a 79.

Today I played a practice round for a tournament tomorrow and played a 74 (+2), a pretty good score for me. I had three 3 putts though, but luckily (or unluckily) two of them were par 5's which I hit in two so I only had to take par.

Fore!

43 for the first 9 of Fox Run (72/137). I was brutally honest about the score, only giving myself a mulligan on the first tee (a topper that went 10 feet). My iron play is a hell of a lot longer than I first thought, as I blasted a 7 iron from the tee box on a 160 yard par 3...only to land in the deep cabbage behind the green. Other killer iron shots include a 6 iron out of a fairway bunker that went 190 yards (in hindsight, I could've tried to drive the par 5 in two, if I'd used my 3 iron--I was only 40-ish yards short). My driving was solid, and I kept all except one tee shot in play...I was headed for a record buster, the best I'd ever shot there, but I hit a foul ball off the 9th tee and watched my Pinnacle sail into the lake on 17. 43 is still the best I've shot there, though.

The greens were fast as hell...even my 60 degree wedge couldn't stop the ball next to the hole. But, I'll take 7 over anyday, considering how I'd been shooting up until now. (20 putts - 2 3 putts, 7 2 putts)

Time Taken: 1:30-ish. I spent the whole five minutes and probably then some looking for my Titleist Pro V1 on the 3rd hole, the one that ended up in the cabbage.

73....finally no wind.
solid round with .... two birdies, 4 bogies 14 greens hit
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

• Administrator
79. Still working on developing the proper feel for a more upright swing.