IGNORED

3 wood distance Steel vs Titanium ??

Note: This thread is 6038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

welp it's me again with another silly question. What gives you more distance and penetrating flight steel or titanium headed 3 wood. I currently have an x hot sometimes it goes like a bat outta hell, but mostly its a soft rising shot, it just seems like it hits it too high almost. Anyway looking forward to hearing your guys opinions

G'day

IN THE BAG-
Driver Adams 8.5 Insight XTD YSQ-65 Stiff
Nike Sumo2 3 wood
Nike Sumo2 3 hybrid
Irons Taylromade r7 Steel shaftCallaway X 60 degree wedge MD groovesPutter Scotty Cameron Newport

welp it's me again with another silly question. What gives you more distance and penetrating flight steel or titanium headed 3 wood. I currently have an x hot sometimes it goes like a bat outta hell, but mostly its a soft rising shot, it just seems like it hits it too high almost. Anyway looking forward to hearing your guys opinions

The only club you want absolute distance on, is your driver.

Every other club you want distance CONTROL. If you want a long hitting 3-wood off the tee box...go for a higher lofted driver. If you want a longer hitting 3-wood off the fairway, change lofts....and stay with steel.

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

IMO, fairway steel wood gives you more lower and penetrating trajectory. Titanium faced wood is designed to help slow swinger to get the ball into the air. As far as distance differences, it depends on the hitter. Slow swingers won't maximize their carry distance using fairway steel woods. Fast swingers will likely to balloon their shots using titanium woods.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I'm going to try a steel 3 wood I think it will be better for control and distance since my ti 3 wood tends to baloon a bit and I would like to use it off the tee for accuracy. Thanks for the response. Now to figure out weather to wait for the nike square 3 wood or go traditional. It just doesn't end LOL

IN THE BAG-
Nike Sumo2 3 wood
Nike Sumo2 3 hybrid
Irons Taylromade r7 Steel shaftCallaway X 60 degree wedge MD groovesPutter Scotty Cameron Newport

I'm going to try a steel 3 wood I think it will be better for control and distance since my ti 3 wood tends to baloon a bit and I would like to use it off the tee for accuracy. Thanks for the response. Now to figure out weather to wait for the nike square 3 wood or go traditional. It just doesn't end LOL

I'm glad you got the information that you needed, but as far as I know the only other Nike club that is square is the new hybrid. I don't think they are coming out with a new fairway wood, but I could be wrong.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

square fairway woods will be out in November. can't find the link atm but when i do I'll post it

IN THE BAG-
Nike Sumo2 3 wood
Nike Sumo2 3 hybrid

square fairway woods will be out in November. can't find the link atm but when i do I'll post it

Ok sounds good, interested in this

Edit: I checked the nike website and all I saw was the square driver and the square hybrid. Also the square hybrid was released in November, maybe you were thinking of the hybrid?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Ok sounds good, interested in this

Just to clarify, square fairwaywood is already out here in Asia.

As for steel vs titanium... According to the sales rep titanium is supposed to go further than steel in theory... He said that usually people above 40 buys titanium face (please do not bring up things like r7 TP fairway etc. He was talking in general) but young ones should go with steel...But that is all personal choice I guess...
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Note: This thread is 6038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!