IGNORED

5W 18* or 2H 18*

duff
Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In your opinion, what would be the easiest to hit and the most forgiving a 5 wood or a 2 hybrid both around 18*?

I realize there would be some distance loss from the wood to the hybrid, but would the hybrids accuracy offset the difference?

The club would be used off the tee and the fairway. Probably more off the fairway except on long par 3"s.

Hybrid..more versatile and shorter shaft length will render more accuracy...

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

I'd vote for the hybrid as well. I got rid of a 5-wood I didn't hate, but I am much more consistent with the hybrid (17*).

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

I'd vote for the hybrid as well. I got rid of a 5-wood I didn't hate, but I am much more consistent with the hybrid (17*).

"Consistent" is what wins tournaments!

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

My vote:

Hybrid for versatility.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!