IGNORED

Wishon 785 Hybrids

neonlew
Note: This thread is 6036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got threeWishon's 785 HF hybrids -- #3, #4, and #5. I have three Mercury Performance Plus graphite wood shafts that I want to try in them.

What playing length would be ideal for each hybrid head -- should they be cut to the same length as a #3, #4, and #5 irons?

Also, when tip trimming, how much would I tip trim the #3, #4, and #5 hybrids?

Thanks for any input,

Lew

Somebody out there must have assembled Wishon's 785 HF hybrids. Can you recommend a reasonably priced hybrid shaft to fit these hybrids and what playing length would you recommed for the #3, #4, and #5 hybrid heads?

Many thanks,

Lew

I'm not a clubfitter by any stretch, but you seem desperate for answers so I'll toss in my opinion anyway....

When I had my Wishons made I opted for the Matrix "Studio" shafts on my irons. My clubmaker recommended them as a reasonably priced product, and I'm glad I took his advice and went for them. For my "321" 24-degree hybrid he thought the MSF shaft was a little better option, and it was likewise not an expensive choice. So I can personally attest to both; neither have caused me any problems.

Having said that...

You should really go to a fitter to have these questions answered, particularly your concern about shaft length. My club fitter recommended the ones he did based on my swing shape, launch angle, body size, etc. I'll assume you're not a mirror image of me (7'9", 82 pounds), so you probably need different shaft lengths than me. Seriously, book a club fitting session. There is no "standard" length for these clubs. If you're going to the trouble of assembling custom clubs using quality components like those Wishons, do yourself the favor and make sure they fit you. It'll be 50 bucks well spent.

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Agreed with what Sherpat said, but I know a lot people say that if you are replacing an iron with a hybrid then go with a shaft length equal to that of the iron you are replacing.
Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

Note: This thread is 6036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!