IGNORED

My Swing (InTheRough)

InTheRough
Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: about 3 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 10.8 (or at least that's what my Game Golf says)
My typical ball flight is: straight or straight draw.  I much prefer hitting a slight draw as I tend to see most shots that way in my mind
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  The miss that is costing me the most stokes (and frustration) right now is a big push or push-slice.

Hello Everybody,

Been a member of TST for a while now and figured it was about time that I finally created a MySwing thread.  Little bit of backstory-- got into golf a couple of years ago after playing a round at a par 3 course with some friends from work.  That was all it took for me to catch the bug and now golf eats up the majority of my weekends and as often as I can get out after work during the summer.  I have been a competitive athlete for most of my life including playing college baseball as a pitcher but unfortunately a series of injuries have pretty much ended my ability to play most other sports.

Couple of things that I have spent some time working on this season after a couple of lessons at the beginning of the year:

1.  Trying to keep my weight a little more even on my feet through my backswing--I tend to drift my weight out onto my toes right around the top of my backswing and i never get back to even causing a lot of misses off of the heel of the club

2. Flipping-  Especially at the beginning of the year I had a major issue with flipping the club at the bottom of my swing which caused a lot of fat shots as well as distance control issues.   Spent a lot of time at the range this year focusing on keeping my hands forward at impact and have improved quite a bit on this though I still catch myself flipping the club every now and then.  As a quick note on this one; I am semi-confident that my big miss right now (push) is being caused by an over-correction on my flipping issue.

My main goal for the 2016 season is to get my handicap down into the 5-7 range and plan to do that through a lot more short game practice (I really need to start converting a lot more of the birdie chances that I give myself) as well as focus on straightening out my tee shots to give me a better chance at getting those GIRs.

Thanks for taking the time to read MySwing thread and any feedback is much appreciated!

Videos: 

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

You certainly look pretty good..but this caught my eye compared to a pro.

jason whiteda.JPG

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

22 minutes ago, collapse said:

You certainly look pretty good..but this caught my eye compared to a pro.

jason whiteda.JPG

That's pretty low on the list of priorities.

Lexi Thompson

post-135117-0-20689400-1349015601_thumb.

First thing @InTheRough should probably work on is getting that weight forward at impact.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Lexi Thompson

Staying on your feet and down through the shot as Jason Day does is not a priority because Lexi Thompson doesn't do it??

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

1 minute ago, collapse said:

Staying on your feet and down through the shot as Jason Day does is not a priority because Lexi Thompson doesn't do it??

She proves that it isn't a necessity for being a great player. There are more obvious faults to fix.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• Administrator

@InTheRough, if you could, film some videos again paying attention to two things:

• Fill the frame. Get closer to the camera (or vice versa).
  • Mind the angles. Along the toe line for DL, square to the target line from FO.

Don't worry about your feet being off the ground with the driver.

Not now, anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Lexi Thompson

First thing @InTheRough should probably work on is getting that weight forward at impact.

Thanks!  Definitely noticed that my weight was not getting forward when i posted the video (probably why i pulled the crap out of that shot)

17 hours ago, iacas said:

@InTheRough, if you could, film some videos again paying attention to two things:

• Fill the frame. Get closer to the camera (or vice versa).
  • Mind the angles. Along the toe line for DL, square to the target line from FO.

Don't worry about your feet being off the ground with the driver.

Not now, anyway.

Definitely will do.  Not sure how many more rounds I'm going to get this year but i will try to get a few more shots the next time I go out.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!