IGNORED

Graphic Designer for New Awards?

iacas
Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

On the Huddler site, we had awards for things like Member of the Year or Month, Kickstarter of the Month, and even silly things like "Stupid Monkey" or "Lowest Score Wins" reader, etc.

The new site hasn't had them yet because the plugin/application is still being developed. It's in beta stages now, but rather than just use the old images, I'd like to consider standardizing.

Is there anyone out there who has some experience with graphic design (and by some I mean more than me - I like to say I know enough to be dangerous) who is interested in helping me by designing some new awards? They'll probably be about 64 x 64 (so when they display at 32 x 32 they will ideally look good on both hi-res displays as well as normal displays), and fairly consistent, except for the obvious "mark" on them which shows what they're for. But, they can be any size/shape rectangle, and aren't limited to squares.

They can also go in two areas: beneath the signature or in the "info pane" (which is where the avatar, username, etc. are). I'll probably keep them all beneath the signature, but I'm open to making some of the awards smaller, probably black, for just the user info area.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I be willing to assist with drawings and graphic designs.  

I've mainly worked with Corel and have used Adobe Illustrator in the past.

What file format have you used for the badges, gif, bitmap, jpeg, etc?

How about animation ideas?

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator

John, I'm looking to see if anyone with actual experience wants to help. Otherwise I'll just do it.

And no animations. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

The new graphics on the forum categories page look very cool. Nice job to whoever picked or created them.

Thanks. I probably could have spent my time better last night than doing that, but what the heck… they look better than the same old bubbles for every sub-forum. :-)

Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!