IGNORED

Who has the best tour staff?

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I believe that Titleist have the best tour staff. They have two players inside the top ten in the world (Steve Stricker and Adam Scott) and nearly every player uses Titleist golf balls. Callaway are also fairly well represented though with two players in the top ten also (Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els).

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

I would probably say Nike, not just because of Tiger, but also lots of other great players ie: KJ Choi
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Titleist - Adam Scott anyone?

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Titleist- Adam scott
Cobra- Camilo villegas(will be a great player, and im colombian, so im biased.)
Callaway-ernie and phil
and Nike- immelman and tiger, aswell as choi

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

Toss up, Callaway and Nike.

Callaway has Phil, Ernie, Annika and Charles. And Nick Flanagan, who earned his promotion last year. And Morgan Pressel.

Nike has Anthony Kim, Choi, Cink, Immelman, Leonard, Sabbatini, and Grace Park. That list alone puts them in good competition with Callaway. And then there's this guy Tiger, although I suspect Tiger could win 1-2 events a year with the clubs meant for your niece if he had to.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"Best"? Qualitative vs. quantitative?

If somebody's up for posting the world golf rankings and really analyzing the players' equipment/apparel choices (I'm not), we could surely get a concrete answer.

Or could we? Then we could analyze earnings versus wins, endorsement dollars versus...

It's just my opinion, but I'll go with Titleist-Footjoy Worldwide. They've put their foot down with regard to being held hostage to large endorsement deals, and top players such as Zach Johnson and Stricker stay with them despite the fact that they could make serious sponsor coin with other OEMs.

Does it really matter? There are two things you HAVE to know:

1. They play whomever offers the best $$ deal.
2. Their irons, which are their bread and butter are rarely made by their sponsor, unless they play cast irons.
3. Their other clubs (driver, FW woods, Hybrids, wedges) are not the same ones we can buy.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Does it really matter? There are two things you HAVE to know:

Who makes their irons? And why can't we buy the driver? We can buy the same model, just not the same level of custom-fit that they get. And I have to say it... what were the two items?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Who makes their irons? And why can't we buy the driver? We can buy the same model, just not the same level of custom-fit that they get.

Irons are hand forged by Japanese Forging houses. When they play a TaylorMade, Nike, Titleist etc. it isn't. Most of them are forged by either Endo or Miura, but there are other small forging shops that make tour irons and wedges. Geez- go LOOK at a TOUR player's R7 TP irons. They are FORGED. Now go to your local golf store, the R7TP they will sell you is cast, and it will say made in China on some label.

The Drivers- they just look similar. They are different clubs, and they are also hand selected. So are the shafts. You can't get them unless you know someone with Tour van access. A few notable exceptions- when you buy Scratch Golf clubs, they are the real deal. Callaway X Forged are Endo forged. Most of the Japanese forged brands, except for Mizuno are high end forgings. Unfortunately, most are not for sale in the US. A set of Tiger's Miura forgings (with a Nike swoosh on them) cost about $10,000. The two things were- they sign with who pays them and you can't easily buy the same clubs they use. PS...That's why I went out my way to get TourStage irons, which are high end Endo forgings. Also why I searched until I found PCB Tours. They are Miura forgings.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

PS...That's why I went out my way to get TourStage irons, which are high end Endo forgings. Also why I searched until I found PCB Tours. They are Miura forgings.

Very interesting. I had no idea. Thanks for the heads-up and info! I guess when I get to that stage, I might see what I can do about getting Endo or Miura forgings.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Sounds like NASCAR golf!

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Sounds like NASCAR golf!

The caddy is like the race-car passenger. "Wow man, you really like Tide!"

Although the logos for the players generally aren't as big as they are on the cars, even as a percentage of area. Except for maybe Ian Poulter's Arsenal jersey.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I think the OP needs to chime in here. When he asked "who has the best tour staff?" I assumed he meant the folks behind the scenes who help the players out. I.e. if I'm a player and I need something taken care of, who is going to hook me up right - Titleist, Callaway, Nike, Cleveland, etc. Who has the best clubmaker, the best equipment (tools, etc., not clubs), the best technology, the best management.

I don't think the players consider themselves "on the staff" of a particular company.

Like I said, maybe I'm interpreting the question wrong, but the answers given so far aren't relevant to what I thought the topic was.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Note: This thread is 6019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!