IGNORED

Problems with hybrids

Note: This thread is 6023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing a Tayloremade Rescue Mid with 19 degrees of loft for about 11 months. I got the club to replace a 2-iron or 5-wood and it has done this well but I have had some problems with it. Every now and then I seem to hit incredibly bad snap hooks with this club and it is very annoying. I still want to keep a hybrid because it is much easier to get up in the air than a 2-iron is and it is much better to use from dirty lies than a 5-wood.

My question is, are there any hybrids out there that produce a neutral ball flight like a fairway wood but are still easy to hit from bad lies?

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

You could try any of the following:

1) Taylormade Rescue Dual or Dual TP (19*)
2) Cleveland Hibore 1i (16*) or 2i(19*)

They worked out for me as a high handicapper, I don't know if they'll work out for you. Hope this helped.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

I am very familiar with the lefts, so I know your pain. Here's my advice to you:

If your natural shot is a fade - Play it more center stance and don't step on it as much.

But if you draw the ball - Getting the TP version (dual) would also help a lot.

I've had great success with the Adams Idea Pro hybrid.

Driver: R5 TP 10.5° Diamana Blue S
Hybrid: 585H 19° 904HB S
Hybrid: Idea Pro 23° 80 VS S
Irons: MP-32 PW-7iron & MP-60 6-4iron
Wedge: WRX Vokey 52.08Wedge: Vokey SM Oil Can 56.14Wedge: PM MD 60.11Putter: OLD School FuturaBall: Pro V1x

I swear on the Titleist 585.Pt for a neutral ball flight. It has little/no offset and a square face. It is quite unforgiving for a hybrid though. The Taylormade rescue tp is apparently a neutral flight with more forgivness and higher launch than 585. HOPE THIS HELPS. Hybrids are great clubs.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I'll echo what Island Par has mentioned. I have been thrilled with the Rescue Dual.

It produces a very neutral ball flight. It's also great off the tee if you are on a short or tight par 4.

My only complaint would be that it does tend to produce a pretty high ball flight in comparison to the other hybrids I've demoed in the past, so if you play in pretty windy conditions, it may not be ideal for you.

In My Bag

Driver: 907 D1 10.5 Regular flex
3 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19Hybrid: Rescue Dual 225-GW: G5Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 58Putter: White Hot 2-ballBall: Mojo

Try swinging the club like you would a 5 iron. Perhaps you are attempting to power the ball like a driver instead of letting club work for you...especially since it appears the thought is that it is a 2 iron. Especially in a bad lie...you want to have the ball a tad back in your stance.

Personally, I wouldn't blame a club for a snap hook.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Note: This thread is 6023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!