IGNORED

My Swing (Duchman)

Duchman
Note: This thread is 3007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 10 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 14
My typical ball flight is: hook
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: over swing

Videos: 

Edited by Duchman
For got to delete red

Looks like a lot of hands and arms to me. Snatching the club up quickly with the arms and hands so the clubhead/arms have too much momentum to stop properly at the top. Perhaps get the hands more passive and read some of the info in this thread.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Set up closer to the ball so your not stretching your arms out so much. This helps facilitate the move you have of snatching the club inside quickly. 

Once you get into a better set up. I would work trying to stop turning your wrists over early in the backswing. You want them to hinge more vertical and less turning over. Let the turn carry your hands inward and let your arms go more upward. Work on seeing more of your right shoulder between the space of your left and right arms at near the top of the backswing. 

Also, next time you post a DTL view, put the camera down your toe line. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Once you get into a better set up. I would work trying to stop turning your wrists over early in the backswing. You want them to hinge more vertical and less turning over. Let the turn carry your hands inward and let your arms go more upward.

Yep this @Duchman. Forearms rotate and the club rolls well inside the hands. This piece causes your swing to be so long because of how shallow the shaft loads on the backswing.

Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 9.27.41 PM.png

Some drills to help.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

15 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Set up closer to the ball so your not stretching your arms out so much.

Duchman.jpg

This is a big deal to me, and just want to emphasize not overlooking it. Once you try making changes it might at first feel like the club is completely underneath you.

Note: This thread is 3007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!