IGNORED

Wedge Recommendation

JNQ
Note: This thread is 2910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All, I am new member here and presently have a steadily increasing 14 handicap. My short game doesn't adequately compensate for my ever decreasing long game.

Anyway, I have a bad sand 'allergy' despite lots of instruction and practice. Lately I have been using an ancient Callaway lob wedge which has a very significant offset. I don't know the bounce, but am guessing around 10*. I have two setes of clubs in different locations and would like to find a current wedge in the 56 to 60 range that has a significant offset. I have seen the Ex1 and don't care for it. I haven't seen the Tour Edge 1out, but it also reads pretty gimmicky. Still I am willing to give it a try if it is offset.

Any other wedges anyone can rrecommend with an offset. I would actually look at one with lots of bounce for sand and one with minimal bounce for the tight lies I find myself in.

T's for your time.

JNQ

I love my Callaway PM Grind 64. I don't think these have any offset, though.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do the local golf courses have demo (demonstration) days in the Bahamas?

Also, individual companies may schedule solo events, with fittings by appointment. I'm getting a Vokey fitting in a couple of weeks.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No demo days here. There really isn't much of a commercial retail market here, Everyone buys their new stuff in the States, i expect that there are a number of cheap used wedges available on ebay that were originally part of a set. That may  be the way that i will have to go.

I'd have to recommend, from what your saying, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 "C" grind wedge for the following reasons.

1. Designed by Roger Cleveland (that sold Cleveland Golf and designs Callaway wedges now)
  2. forged from soft 1020 carbon steel for better feel, control and cuts through any surface, especially sand, like butter
  3. C grind has the most versatility and features a heel and toe grind to enable it to be opened or closed to suit your needs
  4. You can get 56-58-60-64 deg in that line, but with the "C" grind you can open the face on a 56* and get that feel/trajectory of a 60*
  5. It's just VERY versatile for 1 wedge, and priced relatively good!

Driver: Titleist - 910 D2; 10.5*
3-Wood: TaylorMade - Burner Superfast; 15*
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics - XGC3 3-AW
Wedges: PING -56* & 60* Pro Wedges BlkDot
Putter: PING - G2i My Day
Ball: Bridgestone TOUR B330‑RX
Bag: PING - Hoofer 2 - Red/White/Blue
Shoe: Footjoy - Classic Brown Leather

Look into Cobra Tour Trusty wedges. Tons of wedge and bounce options, and they feel so nice. Got a 60 for my birthday and loved it so much I got a 56 for sand. I feel I get so much control, and I tried some of my friends vokeys and some of the other big names but honestly I finally understood "feel" when it comes to club, and they use an interesting loophole to have extra surface roughness over other manufacturers but still be legal. Gives you so much spin if you want it.  If you do get them, the matte black looks awesome, just don't use metal brushes  (just the plastic) on it or you'll rub the finish. They're also not too expensive. Got mine at Golf Galaxy for $60 on sale, but you can find them on ebay for around $60- $80 last I checked. 

Edited by EMC2144

Note: This thread is 2910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!