IGNORED

Club fitting, indoor or outdoor?

Note: This thread is 6018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After hitting every iron that appealed to me I'm ready to get fitted. I have the choice between outdoor on a range or indoor with the hi-tech equipment.
Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance.

Driver : G-10 10.5 S
3 Wood : G-10 S
3-PW : I-10 AWT S
52 wedge : Vokey
56 & 60 wedges : SM VokeyPutter : Marxman

I just bought my Ping G10s and was fitted outdoors on the range. I don't totally trust monitors, so I'm glad that I was fitted outside. The flight of the ball doesn't lie. The only way I would rather do an indoor fitting is if there were inclement weather (i.e. wind) that would affect the flight of the ball.

What irons are you buying? Just curious...

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

After hitting every iron that appealed to me I'm ready to get fitted. I have the choice between outdoor on a range or indoor with the hi-tech equipment.

Blastin Bob,

Always outdoors. As mentioned above, your eyes don't lie. Just make sure you know your distances and you're using the good range balls and not the dimple-less, cracked, and cut ones.

Always outside, and try to hit off grass and not mats. The flight of the ball is big when your trying to figure out which shaft to get too. I had stiffs fitted for myself when I was indoor, then luckily, I went to a different fitter who took me outside and said the flight of my ball along with my swing speed suggested I needed to be hitting x-stiff not stiff. Hope this helps...

In the Edge Bag:

Driver 8.5* 907D2 with Proforce V2 XS
3 Wood 15* 906F2 with Proforce V2 XS
Hybrid 19* 585.F with Project X XSIrons 3-W X-Forged with Project X 6.5Wedges Oil Can 200 Series 52/08 & Oil Can Spin Milled 56/14Putter Circa 62 #2 (34", 71* Lie, 4* Loft)Ball Pro PlatinumGPS...

Also, I see that your in Long Beach. Go to the Roger Dunn in L.B. or Anaheim to get fitted, they have outdoor ranges there. Let me know how it goes...

In the Edge Bag:

Driver 8.5* 907D2 with Proforce V2 XS
3 Wood 15* 906F2 with Proforce V2 XS
Hybrid 19* 585.F with Project X XSIrons 3-W X-Forged with Project X 6.5Wedges Oil Can 200 Series 52/08 & Oil Can Spin Milled 56/14Putter Circa 62 #2 (34", 71* Lie, 4* Loft)Ball Pro PlatinumGPS...

Definetly outdoor, on a range. You need to be able to see the ball flight, trajectory, spin and so on. You can still be fitted just as well, and be able to test off different lies as well. They can still use a launch monitor/fitting tape outside anyway.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I just bought my Ping G10s and was fitted outdoors on the range. I don't totally trust monitors, so I'm glad that I was fitted outside. The flight of the ball doesn't lie. The only way I would rather do an indoor fitting is if there were inclement weather (i.e. wind) that would affect the flight of the ball.

Ping I-10's, X-Forged was a close 2nd.

Thanks for the info. RD in Long Beach was going to be my choice for the outdoor. The teacher I use teaches at the Learning Center where RD is located. Bob

Driver : G-10 10.5 S
3 Wood : G-10 S
3-PW : I-10 AWT S
52 wedge : Vokey
56 & 60 wedges : SM VokeyPutter : Marxman

I love my G10s. They've turned me into a Ping pimp!

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

Note: This thread is 6018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!