IGNORED

R11 vs current drivers on the market

Note: This thread is 2887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all,

My current driver is an R11 which has to be 5 or 6 years old at this point.  I'm wondering how my driver compares with current drivers on the market such as M1 or M2.  I played in college and average probably 280 yards off the tee.  I'm starting to think I'm missing out on distance and or forgiveness with what Taylormade now has available.  Any advice/suggestions are welcome, thanks guys!

2 minutes ago, LeftyGolfSB said:

Hey all,

My current driver is an R11 which has to be 5 or 6 years old at this point.  I'm wondering how my driver compares with current drivers on the market such as M1 or M2.  I played in college and average probably 280 yards off the tee.  I'm starting to think I'm missing out on distance and or forgiveness with what Taylormade now has available.  Any advice/suggestions are welcome, thanks guys!

I would say that the M1 and M2 would be a more lower spinning driver. Now how the fits into your swing is another matter. It really depends on how the driver fits your swing. 

I would say go get fit for a new driver. There you can compare your driver versus the new drivers. I do not personally know the difference. I haven't tested the two side by side.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!