IGNORED

Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a hybrid in your bag?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17* and 20* Nike Sumo² as replacements for the 2 and 3 iron.

The problem I had with the 2 and 3 irons is that I rarely made great contact with them so they usually didn't go much further than my 4 iron. Sure, I'd catch them good once in awhile, but not enough to be reliable.

I've been practicing, but still, I make much more consistent contact with the hybrids. I've also found that I can hit a lower, boring shot with them by moving the ball back in my stance and putting my hands in fronth of the club, just maybe not as low as I could with the irons. (I actually hit the "stinger" shot with those irons better than I could hit a regular full shot)

The hybrids seem to get through just about any rough with minimal twisting, and I think the shorter shaft length helps me be a little more consistent than I would be with a 5 or 7 wood.

I quickly scanned this thread and can't believe nobody is talking about the Nickent 4DX. I have the 3 and 4 ironwoods and really think they are sweet. I believe they received gold ratings in the latest Golf Digest rankings. You guys should really check these out if you are looking at hybrids.

In my Sticks stand bag:
Driver: 4DX Draw 9.5
3W: Pinseeker Ti
3H: 4DX IW
4H: 4DX IWIrons: X-20 steelWedges: CG14 52, MP-T 56Putter: Marxman malletGPS: SkyCaddie SG5

Just picked up an Adams Idea Pro - a little pricey but very sweet .

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

to anyone who doesnt carry a hybrid-

why not?

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

• 3 weeks later...
I carry the Cleveland Halo 2i, 3i and 4i Hybrid since last fall.

So far they are great to hit. Still working on getting them to stop on
the green.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

I have the Nickent 3DX DC 20° & 23° Ironwoods in my bag.

In my Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 10.5° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D3 RF Graphite

3-Wood: TaylorMade r7 Ti 15° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D2 RF Graphite

3-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 21° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

4-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 24° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

5-9: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D3 RF Steel

PW: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D4 RF Steel

AW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 50°, 6° Bounce WF Steel

SW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 54°, 10° Bounce WF Steel

LW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 58°, 8° Bounce WF Steel

P: TaylorMade Rossa Daytona1 AGSI®+ 32” Blade

• 2 weeks later...
I recently tried a Magique Hybrid to replace my 3 iron because I didn't want top spend a lot to check it out. I like it a lot and will probably geta better hybrid soon. They sure are easy to hit...

I have a 17 and 21* hybrids from Nickent (2/4). I find it difficult to hit 3 and 4 (let's just throw in 5-PW, too...lol) and they really help out. I'm better with woods and hybrids. I've actually considered selling my Callaway's to get a set of the Cleveland HiBores or maybe some Mizuno muscle cuts.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

to anyone who doesnt carry a hybrid-

1. They don't fly as high as my irons...for me.

2. They don't get as much backspin...for me. Harder to stop on greens when compared to equivalent iron. 3. Working the ball with woods accurately, okay "hybrids", is a little tougher for me than with my irons. 4. Finally, since I have been playing for some time, I still hate addressing the ball with the clubs the size of car doors behind the ball. Clubs keep getting bigger and uglier every day and yet the average handicap hasn't gotten any better in eons. Hmmm. If you like them and they work for you, that is all that matters. Tom

I have a 17 degree hybrid, a Callaway FT. I will never have a hybrid to replace an iron, i like irons much more, but I figured a hybrid would be good for a club in between the three wood and three iron. it filled the spot nicely. one hybrid is all I need.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I have a 17 degree hybrid, a Callaway FT. I will never have a hybrid to replace an iron, i like irons much more, but I figured a hybrid would be good for a club in between the three wood and three iron. it filled the spot nicely. one hybrid is all I need.

I'm thinking about getting a hybrid to replace my 5 wood. So 17 degrees. How do you like that Callaway FT. It's between that and the Taylormade Rescue TP.

I voted 'soon'... I'm deciding between

G10
or
HiBore XLS.

Both with 24/25°.

Sumo 5000 Driver 11.5° Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana R-65
HiBore XLS Fairway 19° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
HiBore XLS Hybrid 24° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
CG Gold Irons 4-PW Cleveland Graphite 78g Regular
CG 14 Black Pearl Wedges 50°/8, 54°/12, 58°/12 Cleveland Traction Steel 125gRoss...

Hi,

I have Cleveland Halo 3 iron and I hit it higher, longer and much more consistently than my 3 iron. Soon to get the matching 4i if I can find one on eBay.

Lee

In my bag
Driver - R7 CGB Max 9.5 Stiff
3W - R580 Stiff
Irons - MX-25 4-PW Project X 5.5
Hybrid - Halo 3iWedges - 52 & 60 Vokey Oil CanPutter - Studio Style Newport

I'm thinking about getting a hybrid to replace my 5 wood. So 17 degrees. How do you like that Callaway FT. It's between that and the Taylormade Rescue TP.

no complaints here. i dont even use my 3 wood actually, i have one but it just sits in the bag, the hybrid has more then enough distance off the tee, easier to hit, and its good everywhere else too. its a good replacement for a 5 wood. The FT comes with a good shaft too, the Aldila NVS hybrid, its a keeper.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I voted 'soon' as well, I'm considering the option of buying maybe a h 3 or h 4 when I come home, I only really started playing golf this summer and was quite happy with my driving, putting and chipping just feel alot of need for improvement in my long-mid irons, hopefully a hybrid can help me out in that field as my problem always when using a 3 iron or so is getting loft and flight in the ball.

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!