IGNORED

Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a hybrid in your bag?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon!

• Administrator
I've got a 503.H, but lately, I've been toying with the idea of trying some of the more wood-like hybrids. The Titleist 503.U looks interesting, but I'm also trying out the TaylorMade Rescue Dual.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a "Yes man"

19 degree TaylorMade rescue-mid for me with same shaft as my irons and approx 1 inch longer than my 3 iron to produce a club that will go as far (maximum) as a 2 iron - but is a damned sight more reliable and easy to hit.

If the lie is a bit "scabby" or bare,or just a bit rough, its also a brilliant club for gripping down on and replicating the distance of a 3,4 or 5 iron but again,with much more "ease of use".

Once youve gotten firm friends with one,and made it your buddy theres no going back to long irons...........

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Yup! I carry the wishon 321l hybrids in #2,3,and 4. I've never had trouble hitting long irons, but these are so easy to hit. These are iron style hybrids. Absolutely the best for hitting out of the rough also. I get about 10 yards more distance than with the corosponding irons per club, though this might be due to the graphite shafts that i have installed in them. Did i tell ya how easy they are to hit out of the rough? Since i've found these.....the only woods in my bag are driver and 3 wood and the 3 wood is used mostly off of tee's.

Have the hogan 19 degree, but it is now in the garage. The replacement is the TaylorMade 19 degree rescue with dual weights. Much easier to hit. Sometimes I throw the 3iron back in the bag though when I want to hit that low screamer. Can't hit low screamers with the hybrids. They launch the ball too high for that.

Most of the time I use my Mizuno Fli-Hi II 20* I somtimes use a Callaway Heavenwood, just depends on the course or my mood.

I've hit the Hogan CFT, Rescue Mid, and Sonartec MD. Out of those three, I liked the Sonartec the most. The other two just didn't feel as solid as the Sonartec. Did anyone else find the Hogan to feel rather dead? I'm definitely going to pick up a 19 degree 503.U once they are available. That club looks awesome.

Dipgolf,
I guess one man's "dead" is another man's "solid". I love the solid sensation when I hit the ball with my Hogan CFT 3H. Since I play at a lower level than you "feel" in the sense of control is a bit of an abstract to me. To me that "dead" feel instills a feeling of confidence that the dense little head is powering right through the ball and is unlikely to be deflected by anything. It was love at first stroke. I liked the club so much I found myself using for par 3s from 175 to 205 yards, 190-200 yd fairway shots, and tee shots where 200 yds down the middle was preferable to the trouble awaiting an errant drive. I liked it enough that am currently awaiting delivery of a CFT 1H 17*.

As an LSU graduate it breaks my heart to disagree with a Rebel. :)
Regards,
Raymond

The Sonartec Md is my favorite club to hit right now. I have the 21-degree 3i/7w model. It is automatic off the tee on short par-4s, and great off the deck, too. And what a great, strong trajectory. I'm also using it when I need to hit a low punch under branches. It feels like cheating, or like I'm using a chipper on steroids. I feel like I could write a story about this ... oh wait, I did.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

• Administrator
The Sonartec Md is my favorite club to hit right now. I have the 21-degree 3i/7w model. It is automatic off the tee on short par-4s, and great off the deck, too. And what a great, strong trajectory. I'm also using it when I need to hit a low punch under branches. It feels like cheating, or like I'm using a chipper on steroids. I feel like I could write a story about this ... oh wait, I did.

Smartass.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Dipgolf,

Hogan makes excellent equipment (I grew up playing Hogan), but it just didn't work for me. And of course, golf is all about what works for you. It could have just been the shaft combination of the club I hit that I didn't like. Good luck with the 1H, that seems like the perfect degree to have in the bag.

As an LSU graduate it breaks my heart to disagree with a Rebel. :)

I'm new to Ole Miss but I am already learning about you LSU people. Keep 'em in the short grass.

I've got a 503.H, but lately, I've been toying with the idea of trying some of the more wood-like hybrids. The

I'm the same as Erik. I've got the 503.H, but would really like to give a wood-like one a try. I used to carry a Heaven Wood (until the 503.H) and loved that.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

• Administrator
My only real reason for wanting to switch, I should state again, is that I don't like the offset in the 503.H. The U shouldn't have any offset.

• 3 weeks later...
I regularly use my 'Kasco' 44 & 55 rescue woods (19 & 22 degrees)
They are so versatile - I no longer carry my 3 or 4 iron, and I rarely have the need to use my Callaway 3-wood off the deck.
I would say that they were the main reason I've lopped three strokes off my handicap in the last year, although, like Donald, I sometimes feel that they're so easy to use, it's almost like cheating!

I use the Cobra Baffler and can't recommend it enough. Was looking long and hard at the Taylor Made, but the pros at my club claimed they hooked the TM too much and the Baffler was much easier to hit straight. After demo sessions with both, I agreed. The Baffler (with Aldila NV S shaft) is probably my favorite club.

I use the Cobra Baffler and can't recommend it enough. Was looking long and hard at the Taylor Made, but the pros at my club claimed they hooked the TM too much and the Baffler was much easier to hit straight. After demo sessions with both, I agreed. The Baffler (with Aldila NV S shaft) is probably my favorite club.

Could not agree more with your accessment, TM is a great club, but you need to purchase the TP model to reduce the offset. The cobra has been a great seller at our club, easy to hit and very forgiving.

I do not carry a Hybrid club in my bag but I did carry one for a few weeks it was a Cobra Baffler although I hit it straight it did not compare to the distances of my 2 iron.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

• 2 weeks later...
As in sig, I use a good ol Rescue Mid that I like a lot, but after I buy a driver I probably will look at a 2 iron hybrid that would rotate in and out as a replacement for a wedge. I want to try the new PING hybrid, but at the moment the Rescue Mid and Sonartec MD are my favorites that I have hit. I also need to give the Heavenwoods a longer try. The hybrid irons have all been a bit out of my league.

Bag:
Driver- ??? Shopping
3 Wood- Callaway Steelhead III
Hybrid- TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 iron
Irons- PING I3 O-size 4-PW Rifle 5.5Wedges- 54* soon to be either Taylormade y cutter or Vokey SM60* Vokey Spin Milled 8* bouncePutter- YES! Golf C-groove TracyBall- Titleist NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!