IGNORED

My Swing (Donmega)

Donmega
Note: This thread is 2924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 18
My typical ball flight is: idk
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: thin shots

Videos: 

8 hours ago, Donmega said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 18
My typical ball flight is: idk
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: thin shots

Videos: 

Can you send in a face on view as well? Thin shots and fats shots can be caused by the same thing, not getting weight forward enough at impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You have some really nice positions in your golf swing. Have you taken many lessons? 

Biggest thing I see is you are letting your hips slide backwards. You should let your right leg straighten more and be sure to never let your hip slide backwards. Once you stop sliding we can start working a few other things. But this should be changed first. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 4.05.17 PM.png

P.S. the purple lines at the bottom are to tell how much the camera moved during the swing. Please help to keep the camera steady during video, it will help with the analysis. Also what version of iPhone are you using? Should have a faster frame rate. The more frames the better the analysis.

• Upvote 1

Michael

Ok I'll work on better camera work, and use your tips. It's a homemade swing. Just trying to get a muscle memory swing so I dont have to think so much standing over the ball. It was off my iPad Air. I'll use my 6s for the next video. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Donmega said:

Ok I'll work on better camera work, and use your tips. It's a homemade swing. Just trying to get a muscle memory swing so I dont have to think so much standing over the ball. It was off my iPad Air. I'll use my 6s for the next video. Thank you!

Well I think it is pretty good for a homemade swing. There are some things we can do to tweak it but there is some natural speed in there that we want to be sure to preserve. Work on the hips first. They need to turn about 45 degrees and not move backwards. Then we can work on shallowing you out a little.

Michael

Ok thank you I'd really appreciate some help. My cameraman won't be available till tomorrow. I'm just tired of shooting in the 100's. I'm ready to put in the work!

4 minutes ago, Donmega said:

Ok thank you I'd really appreciate some help. My cameraman won't be available till tomorrow. I'm just tired of shooting in the 100's. I'm ready to put in the work!

If you invest in a tripod you can remove the need for the cameraman. :-)

• Upvote 1

Michael

7 hours ago, Donmega said:

The down-the-line view looks pretty good. I would work on what Michael suggested and post a video face on. If you stay more centered in the backswing, it will correct a steeper shaft in the downswing. Your position here looks pretty good. It was a little hard to follow the club head though due to the light.

donmega.jpg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yes work on the hip turn. The hips move to the right, which causes them to stall and then the arms have to lift. Turn the hips but keep them in place. Would also recommend practicing 1/2 or 3/4 swings with tees (or a towel) in both arm pits or with a small ball between your arms.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I am REALLY REALLY hitting the ball flush now. I focus on a nice hip turn, and I've been using the towel drill. I think my swaying back got me in trouble. I've yet to record another swing, but I'll get that on here ASAP. I feel like I can't miss the sweet spot now with every club! I appreciate all the advice! Gonna keep trying to improve! Here's a picture of my ball marks now. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 2924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!