IGNORED

Help starting a Tour Championship Pool/Game?

Foot-Wedge
Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played in a masters pool with about 20-30 guys this past year and was wanting to do the same for the FDX Cup, with the top 30 and all.  Has anyone have any ideas on how to score, pick, etc.  Never really played in any golf tournament pools.  Any help advice would be greatly appreciated!

Driver: Titleist - 910 D2; 10.5*
3-Wood: TaylorMade - Burner Superfast; 15*
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics - XGC3 3-AW
Wedges: PING -56* & 60* Pro Wedges BlkDot
Putter: PING - G2i My Day
Ball: Bridgestone TOUR B330‑RX
Bag: PING - Hoofer 2 - Red/White/Blue
Shoe: Footjoy - Classic Brown Leather

The site is redirecting to pinhigh.nl...a netherlands based golf travel agency/company?

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, Foot-Wedge said:

Any help advice would be greatly appreciated!

Most pools are a random pick where no player can be selected by two or more participants. Entry is usually $10 and it's luck of the draw.

Other formats would be to pick multiple players with the winning score used as a tie-breaker. (pick 1-4 players)

To really make it interesting pick 4 players, use one round per player. (Day 1st round, Spieth 2nd, Walker 3rd, Rory 4th)
Total the four players, lowest score wins. Either payout three or more places or winner take all.

Basically, you can be creative in any format, like payout each round, or combine round 1&2, combine round 2&3, combine round 3&4, final payout all rounds.

Having multiple winners is more fun and may attract more participants. A pool of 40-60 or more is exciting with selections. There could possibly be similar picks which tie-breakers come into play.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Most pools are a random pick where no player can be selected by two or more participants. Entry is usually $10 and it's luck of the draw.

Other formats would be to pick multiple players with the winning score used as a tie-breaker. (pick 1-4 players)

To really make it interesting pick 4 players, use one round per player. (Day 1st round, Spieth 2nd, Walker 3rd, Rory 4th)
Total the four players, lowest score wins. Either payout three or more places or winner take all.

Basically, you can be creative in any format, like payout each round, or combine round 1&2, combine round 2&3, combine round 3&4, final payout all rounds.

Having multiple winners is more fun and may attract more participants. A pool of 40-60 or more is exciting with selections. There could possibly be similar picks which tie-breakers come into play.

All good ideas!  I'll be happy to have 10-15 players being the first time I've done this. Thanks guys!

Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!