IGNORED

Bob Dylan Wins Nobel Prize for Literature

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/world/nobel-prize-literature/index.html

The 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature has been awarded to American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, for "having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition."

The Swedish Academy's permanent secretary, Sara Danius, said Dylan, 75, "is a great poet in the English-speaking tradition." She drew parallels between his work and that of ancient Greek poets.

I find this interesting because novelists/poets sometimes look down at lyricists in terms of value of their words. I've heard interviews from poets scoffing at lyrics being important. As someone whose written songs, I find lyrics important. Some can be profound and world changing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I find this interesting because novelists/poets sometimes look down at lyricists in terms of value of their words. I've heard interviews from poets scoffing at lyrics being important. As someone whose written songs, I find lyrics important. Some can be profound and world changing.

Yeah, just heard this on the BBC.  First time a songwriter has ever won it.. I wonder if we will see it again within our life time.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I think Dylan may be the greatest American Lyricist! (if not, let us debate!!!)
One reading of "Desolation Row" and I was hooked!
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bobdylan/desolationrow.html 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I find song lyrics to be the most important. More so than the music. Some of the songs I like are because of the lyrics not the beats. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 2763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!