IGNORED

Shaft Flex Question

mdr817
Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I ordered regular-shafted irons this spring, and received them extra-stiff. My results with them are inconsistent. I hit my 7-iron about 145 yards. Should I switch to a regular-flex?

You should take them back and get what you ordered. I can't believe you would accept such a difference in shaft. Your results are inconsistent because you can't swing the club fast enough to warrant extra stiff shafts, not that there is anything wrong with that. There will be no flex in it for you at all so you have to do all the work to get the ball moving, with regular you will have some flex in them to get your distance and the ball in the air.
What's in my X cart bag

X460 10° off the tee, usually followed by either Big Bertha 3 wood or BlueMax 7 wood-stiff graphite
Then one of theseDi7 uniflex steel 5-SW and finally the NXT tour straight in the hole using Rossa Daytona

Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!