IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, pgone said:

What is so wrong with your drivers that you need to be conned into these $35 dollar gems?

If players asked themselves this every time they looked at a new club, it would be the end of the golf industry.

Well, I'd consider it a con were it not for the money back guarantee (verified easy by posters here on the Sand Trap and elsewhere) and the fact that it's working for me...   : )

I don't think there's anything "wrong" with my driver....but the proof is in the pudding....The fact is that I hit this club more consistently, and with a greater degree of accuracy than the driver. The distance difference between a perfectly struck driver and this club isn't notable enough to override that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, RandallT said:

There's an entire recent thread on it. I'll merge this one with that thread.

I purchased this and try as I might it does not come close to my driver. It is very similar to my 3 wood in distance. I gave it to my 14 year old daughter to use since she is just starting out. I would stay away from this driver.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:00 PM, Michael Rudman said:

Does anybody know the right height for placing the golf ball teeing with a GX-7?

I bought a 100 pack of 48mm plastic castle tees on eBay for less than $4-shipped. They're the PERFECT height for the GX-7 and should last me forever. 

4 hours ago, mishler4 said:

I purchased this and try as I might it does not come close to my driver. It is very similar to my 3 wood in distance. I gave it to my 14 year old daughter to use since she is just starting out. I would stay away from this driver.

Why not just send it back and get your refund?..Spending $200 on a "starter driver" seems expensive, from my perspective.... That all said, I'm very happy with my GX-7. I've got 10 rounds in with it so far and it isn't leaving my bag. They tell you right up front that it isn't going to win in a head to head distance competition with your driver. The point is that you'll hit it an acceptable distance (think 2 wood), but will be in play a lot more than with your driver. That's why they tell you to do the "averages test". Play a full round with your driver and measure EVERY driver shot (even the ones you dribble off the tee or slice into the nearby pond). Then play the same course with the GX-7 and measure your distances. That's what they mean when they say you'll be "consistently longer" with the GX-7.  If you're like me, your distances with the GX-7 will be averaged as longer than the driver.  If you can keep your driver in play on most every hole, then the GX-7 really isn't for you anyway. You aren't the target audience.

I don't like to hassle with returning things and trying to get a refund. I knew up front that it was probably not for me but I was hoping for the best. It is a good club for a beginner or a high handicapper.

From what I understand, it's pretty hassle free...but to each their own...I believe you're partially correct in your assessment of who the target audience is...I'm a 20 handicap, who was once as low as a 13. Lack of play and the resulting swing woes have ballooned me to a 20.....But even so, the club works for me. It helps to make me happy and happiness keeps me in the game...

I got mine a week ago and used it yesterday, I'm a high handicapper that struggled with my driver and after a few swings and finding the right distance from the ball and setup I was able to hit the ball straight for  225 on the range. I know not many would be happy with 225 off the tee but for a guy who only golfs a few times a month and took his driver out of the bag to resist the temptation and frustration , I'm very happy with the results

taking it out for my first round of the year tomorrow and hoping for the same results 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Spullin said:

I got mine a week ago and used it yesterday, I'm a high handicapper that struggled with my driver and after a few swings and finding the right distance from the ball and setup I was able to hit the ball straight for  225 on the range. I know not many would be happy with 225 off the tee but for a guy who only golfs a few times a month and took his driver out of the bag to resist the temptation and frustration , I'm very happy with the results

taking it out for my first round of the year tomorrow and hoping for the same results 

Best of luck, Spullin. I've been very happy with mine and it sounds like we're getting around the same distance with it (2 wood). The set up adjustments (ball position and tee height) are crucial to consistent contact with this club. I bought some 48 mm castle/step down tees on EBay and they've proven to be the perfect height for it. That eliminates one variable. 

On 2017-05-05 at 1:23 PM, Spooky said:

Best of luck, Spullin. I've been very happy with mine and it sounds like we're getting around the same distance with it (2 wood). The set up adjustments (ball position and tee height) are crucial to consistent contact with this club. I bought some 48 mm castle/step down tees on EBay and they've proven to be the perfect height for it. That eliminates one variable. 

Thank you for the suggestion on the tees , I went  to my local golf store and found some step down tee's , could not get 48 but got 53mm as that was the shortest available.  

compared using a "normal" tee to the step tee and seen better (not drastic) results with the step tee,  takes away the variable of tee height. Going to order some 48's as well. 

12 minutes ago, Spullin said:

Thank you for the suggestion on the tees , I went  to my local golf store and found some step down tee's , could not get 48 but got 53mm as that was the shortest available.  

compared using a "normal" tee to the step tee and seen better (not drastic) results with the step tee,  takes away the variable of tee height. Going to order some 48's as well. 

Good deal...I've had far more good shots than than bad with it. My bad shots are generally much straighter and further than a mis-hit driver. 

I just recently ordered and got the GX 7. When I ordered it,I got an offer to purchase two additional clubs for only $1.00 more. I took the offer, and figured if I didn't like the clubs I could give to my grandsons. I liked the GX 7 very much, and was hitting it pretty well. It gets a lot of roll after hitting the ground. Well, my two additional clubs arrived, and I was looking forward to hitting them as well. However, my credit card was charged for $199.00 for the GX7, and then $208.00 for the two additional clubs. I called and it seems the cost was a $1.00 more than the $199.00,or $200.00,not the $1.00 more, I had thought. Maybe I heard it wrong, but it was very deceiving, so I returned both clubs for refund. They were quick to send me an e-mail with instructions, but I was so angered I didn't want the clubs anymore. I'd check it out carefully if you decide to order.

• 3 weeks later...

Two months with the GX-7 in my bag and not only am I keeping it, but I just ordered the matching fairway woods. I'm sold.

If you go to Ebay and search for the GX-7, there are three listed. One is going for $175 ish where there are a bunch of bidders and the other two are listed pretty high.  I would think that if this club was a loser, there would be much more on the used market. Yeah, I know there is a money back guarantee, but I would think people would try for many days/months and what is the time frame to return? A month?

My game is so crappy right now I am waiting to clean it up a bit.  But even when I was half way decent, my driver was the holdback, right left center right  left  center with more to the right slice, especially with the ball tee'd up high.  So I tee up very low.  I think for me this club could help, as I'd be thrilled to hit a ball straight and over 200 yards.  I was on vacation and rented clubs, but didn't think about the shafts, as they gave me graphite shafts which I cannot get any distance off of them.  I use stiff, metal shafts on my irons and the woods are a mixed bag. 

22 minutes ago, pmaru77 said:

If you go to Ebay and search for the GX-7, there are three listed. One is going for $175 ish where there are a bunch of bidders and the other two are listed pretty high.  I would think that if this club was a loser, there would be much more on the used market. Yeah, I know there is a money back guarantee, but I would think people would try for many days/months and what is the time frame to return? A month?

My game is so crappy right now I am waiting to clean it up a bit.  But even when I was half way decent, my driver was the holdback, right left center right  left  center with more to the right slice, especially with the ball tee'd up high.  So I tee up very low.  I think for me this club could help, as I'd be thrilled to hit a ball straight and over 200 yards.  I was on vacation and rented clubs, but didn't think about the shafts, as they gave me graphite shafts which I cannot get any distance off of them.  I use stiff, metal shafts on my irons and the woods are a mixed bag. 

I noticed the same thing... I'm expecting the fairway woods later this week and believe they will be just as impressive. 

Note: This thread is 1878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!