IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw a commercial for a new kind of club, the GX-7.  (warning: autoplay) I checked it out, and liked the theory behind it--and the 100% moneyback guarantee. If it doesn't work for me, I'll can return it. Thought it was worth giving it a shot. 

They posted on their website last week the club would be shipped the week of the 12th and we'd be notified when it shipped. They dinged my credit card right away. Yesterday I emailed them about the shipping date--this has been removed from the website--and they have not responded...at all.

Is this a reputable outfit? Anybody else in my boat?

Wayne

• Administrator

I would note how long you have to issue a charge-back and then set a reminder about five days before that and file if you don't have an active tracking # by then.

Of course, before that, I would call the company at their support number listed at golftailor.com.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

According to the order page, the GX-7 won't be released until December 27th, currently they're having a "pre-release sale" for lucky customers.

You may want to keep an eye on your credit card - the GX-7 is being sold by "Golf Tailor" which has a very poor record with the Better Business Bureau for adding a hidden $29 monthly fee to some of their products: https://www.bbb.org/oklahomacity/business-reviews/golf-equipment-and-supplies-retail/golf-tailor-llc-in-edmond-ok-90033925/reviews-and-complaints

Thanks so much for the heads-up, George. I didn't see the Dec 27 on the website. I'll give them a couple more days to answer my email inquiry, then cancel it with my CC company if they don't respond. I don't mind the delay, but I do mind making me nervous. When I ordered it they said it would ship the next week. Now a two-week delay, without notice, isn't good business.

Wayne

Thanks for your comment. The order form would have let you know that the order is on a pre-sale, and would start to ship out the week of December 12th. We did have about a week delay, and should be in hopefully this week. You can message me directly, to make sure that our support team has responded to your email. We are in the office Monday through Friday from 8-5 CST, so anything over the weekend is normally responded to the following business day. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

• Upvote 1

Glad you guys could work this out, and I think from here on out, you folks can take it offline with regular customer support. Best of luck that all involved are satisfied.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Need to update this. My experience has now been nothing but terrific. Not only are they on top of it, but obv they are here on the Sand Trap. All the better, right? 

I can't wait to get my hands on the club. It's really nice in Vegas--thanks, climate change!--and as soon as I take it out of the box I'm going to be hitting a bucket of balls. I have high hopes this is going to be a fun club to hit--a hybrid seven iron? Could be a winner. 

So, I'll give them a thumbs up for their customer service. It's been outstanding for me.

:dance:

Wayne

On 12/20/2016 at 5:03 PM, Blackjack Don said:

Need to update this. My experience has now been nothing but terrific. Not only are they on top of it, but obv they are here on the Sand Trap. All the better, right? 

I can't wait to get my hands on the club. It's really nice in Vegas--thanks, climate change!--and as soon as I take it out of the box I'm going to be hitting a bucket of balls. I have high hopes this is going to be a fun club to hit--a hybrid seven iron? Could be a winner. 

So, I'll give them a thumbs up for their customer service. It's been outstanding for me.

:dance:

the claim is it would replace driver. Shaft length of seven iron. I wonder what the loft is. The sole is a little like the old Stan Thompson Ginty FW. The sound in the video is a little different.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On 12/18/2016 at 2:42 PM, Redwood George said:

According to the order page, the GX-7 won't be released until December 27th, currently they're having a "pre-release sale" for lucky customers.

You may want to keep an eye on your credit card - the GX-7 is being sold by "Golf Tailor" which has a very poor record with the Better Business Bureau for adding a hidden $29 monthly fee to some of their products: https://www.bbb.org/oklahomacity/business-reviews/golf-equipment-and-supplies-retail/golf-tailor-llc-in-edmond-ok-90033925/reviews-and-complaints

looks like link is corrupted. But did a google search and noted a few rip off reports from Golf Tailor LLC. Doug Tewell's instruction being touted, $29 monthly subscription fee which is not mentioned in their ads.  I am a little wary, but will wait for actual TST member feedback

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

My GX7 has been shipped. Should arrive next week. I'll wring it out and see what it does for me. I'll admit I was drew to the combination of seven iron swing and driver head. If I can hit it like a seven iron 200 yards off the tee, it will be a bargain for me.

Wayne

13 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

If I can hit it like a seven iron 200 yards off the tee, it will be a bargain for me.

Isn't it suppose to go as far as your driver?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

12 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Isn't it suppose to go as far as your driver?

they give the caveat, that if you are NOT pro like, this club will help those with SS below 100 mph. In that case, I think they mean if your drives are normally 200 yards or less, it will give you more.  Their very first statement is "This club is not for everybody".

My drives are not stellar, and only occasonally get out to 240, but I wouldn't mind giving up a bit of distance for consistency.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

Thank you all for your interest in the GX7. If you have any questions or concerns, our number is (888) 241-2460 and our support team is in from 8-5 CST Monday through Friday. We can answer any questions about the club itself, or any concerns about what you see on BBB. We rated A+ with the BBB, but for your concerns you see are for DVD customers only. The monthly memberships have nothing to do with our clubs or training aids.

In stage or stand up parlance...."This is a tough room".

Time will tell as to the merits of any new offerings, concepts, e.t.c. As with any product, or on line review, you always will have the disgruntled customer. A lot has to do with their own misunderstandings, or we do not often get all sides of the "stories".  This forum is a good proving ground not only to weed out the gimicky, but also great feedback on those products that are helpful.  You can't please everybody, but I suppose, to give it a chance is worthwhile. 

"James"

@Hacker James-You sound just like the kind of customer they are looking for.

Sure-Ignore the previous post and the bad BBB complaints.

• Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

2 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

@Hacker James-You sound just like the kind of customer they are looking for.

Sure-Ignore the previous post and the bad BBB complaints.

Nah, he's more likely to try to build one in his garage instead. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 0:16 PM, Blackjack Don said:

My GX7 has been shipped. Should arrive next week. I'll wring it out and see what it does for me. I'll admit I was drew to the combination of seven iron swing and driver head. If I can hit it like a seven iron 200 yards off the tee, it will be a bargain for me.

I visited the site and would like to see what you have for feedback after using it for a week or two.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Note: This thread is 1877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!