Wanzo

My Swing (Wanzo)

62 posts in this topic Last Reply

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah, good, KISS. :-) Check the finish with the belt forward, knees (left especially) extended, still in your tilts with good arm and club angles. You'll get it quickly.

Thanks for the note. That is helpful and confirms some of the feels I was going for. I’ll keep at it, keeping it simple and focused while confirming these checks. Thanks again. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Thought I would post a couple pieces of practice to this thread with the main drill and feels I’m working on daily right now. Trying to eliminate a small flip and have better club face control. Working on keeping club outside hands going back, shallowing with right elbow leading going down then “hit it with my pivot”. So square club face that way as opposed to hands rolling over quickly. The “pump” is too big and I could stand to slow down a little more but heading in the right direction. 

2 hours ago, Wanzo said:

The “pump” is too big and I could stand to slow down a little more but heading in the right direction. 

The pump is a bit too big (you can see the shaft steepen a bit), but the "hit it with the pivot" thing is kinda best done with a little speed. So long as the speed is with your hips.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The pump is a bit too big (you can see the shaft steepen a bit), but the "hit it with the pivot" thing is kinda best done with a little speed. So long as the speed is with your hips.

Thanks Erik, I noticed that the practice motions looked good then on the hit the shaft did get much steeper. I’ll make that a focus. 

I'm going to try to refresh this thread and get to practicing again.  I tried to mostly just play this summer, not focus on too much technical in my swing.  Mostly putting and short game when i did practice.  Got my handicap down to 6.6.  I went back over this thread and refreshed on some of the main ideas today.  I'll upload a video after I've had a couple of practice sessions working on these feels again.  One thing i found in my practice session today was it seems that hovering my club helps get me started with the things i need to work on, getting the clubhead up a little quicker going back and then shortening the back swing a bit.  Still feels a little awkward, but i know that long term i really need to get this down to become a more consistent ball striker.  

1 hour ago, Wanzo said:

One thing i found in my practice session today was it seems that hovering my club helps get me started with the things i need to work on

I remembered this drill from the instruction portion of the site....this is a better description of what i was working on to help my backswing, kuchar takeaway drill.

Edited by Wanzo

Back on Evolvr and excited to work on my swing.  The main priority right now is to shorten the arm swing in the backswing, shallow more coming down, and get more in sync to help eliminate my miss of a pull and improve contact. 

1.  feel a narrower backswing, feel more hinging so the club gets to parallel without the hands moving much

image.png.6fffa15d5732b1238629e646ca0a32c4.png

2. feel the right tricep stay on the rib-cage, but with soft arms.  Upper body will turn less and keep elbows and hands from lifting at the top. 

image.png.13573f1c00df57aaf503de1c1f0150b2.png

3. drill: setup a club distance away from a wall behind me and practice club hinging up and missing the wall

image.png.e2287efaf37dcab278d300e881d4f98a.png

Keeping the same feels for now in my practice sessions.  Need to keep working slow. Wall drill to get the club up faster, feel a narrow backswing and wrist hinge.  Just going to add to feel the right elbow stay more in front early through p2.  Instead of right elbow getting behind my shirt seem so quickly.  Keep feeling right elbow forward and shallowing coming down.  More focus on backswing for now though. 

image.thumb.png.f90ac01f438d109132057dbe3b16c458.png