IGNORED

long time mizzy guys - questions?

c_mack9
Note: This thread is 5966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

did any of you guys use to play the t-zoid line of mizuno irons? which set of the t-zoids did you like the best? im considering buying a set and wanted to know which set to look into. what was some of the differences in each model?

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

no one here has used tziod irons? i was looking at the pro II model. any thoughts?

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

so no one has ever played these ever?

keep in mind, judging from other threads started, that most guys on this forum were still in grade school when those were first introduced.

In the bag:
Driver-Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour 10.5s
Hybrids-Adams Pro Gold
Irons-Srixon I-701Tour PX6.0
Wedges-Srixon WG 50*/56*Putter-Rife BarbadosBalls-Bridgestone B330S

they were still made new in 2000. im sure someone on here is old enough to have played them.

I play the T-Zoid Pro irons (not the Pro II).

Here's what I tried in the past 2 years since starting again after a 5-year break:

Wilson Fatshaft cast (crap)
MP-29's (tough to hit)
Ping Eye 2 (easy to hit, too much offset)
Cleveland quadpro (easy to hit, no feel)
Wilson Fatshaft RM forged (see Fatshaft above)
Mizuno Grad (pretty good, but were cut too short by previous owner)
Ping I3 o-size (pretty good, but lacking that forged feel)
MP-33's (still a blade, tough to hit)
MacGregor M-565 (ok, but a bit clunky feeling)

Ended up getting the T-zoids used for $99. What a deal. Re-gripped (which cost more than the clubs) and couldn't be happier.

The T-zoid Pros feel almost like a blade (just a bit less "substantial" when struck--but super crisp) and are a bit more forgiving--could be mental though.

I remember when these came out around 97(?) or so, really wanted them but couldn't afford them. I've had these for 6 months and wouldn't go to anything else.

Not much a difference between the Pro and the Pro II's. Looks like you already have the Pros. The only other model I was interested in but couldn't find was the T-zoid Trues. A long time ago golfsmith or someone had these in the back of a mail catalog for some ridiculously low price--but now they're hard to find on E-bay. These were pretty cool and were more muscle back than the pro's--but you may as well just pick up some MP-33's or 37's if you want a blade.

Happy hunting!

Driver: FT-5 Tour 8.5* neutral
3 wood: TEE CB1 15*
Irons (3-PW): Nike forged blades
SW: Sonartec T35 proto 54*
LW: Sonartec T35 proto 58*Putter: Yes! Tracey

well since no one here was giving me any help i decided to start bidding on a set of pro II on ebay. i lost at the last second but still wanted a set. the next day i wondered into my golf store that literally has everything and looked around in a section of iron sets marked closeouts. the very first set i laid eyes on (out of about 100 sets of irons) were a set of mizuno t-zoid pro. i asked if he had a set of pro II laying around and he said the only set he had was still NEW. he said he would take $100 for the used pros though so i hit a few balls into the net and told him i would take them he would give me a good deal to have them all regripped, so he did. i walked out with a set of used forged irons with brand new grips for $144 after tax. pretty sweet deal i thought. i took them to the range immediatly and hit a bucket, today i hit another bucket and im really happy with my purchase so far. i never thought i would give up a 6 month old set of irons to play a set of 10 year old ones but thats what im doin. they are difficult to hit but im already hitting them better than my old cleveland launcher lp.

Note: This thread is 5966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!