IGNORED

MT. Rushmore Golf Edition

DannyMac
Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who would land on YOUR Golf Edition MT. Rushmore?  Pick 4 people who impacted your interest in golf the most.  It doesn't have to be the greatest players of all time, it can be anyone who helped you grow your love for the game (Family member, Local Pro, friend, driving range employee, coach, neighboring club rival etc...).

My Golf Edition Mt. Rushmore:

- Tiger Woods - Tiger brought so much excitement to the game and watching his dominance really grew my interest in golf.  The hype of Tiger trying to catch Jack's 18 Major record always kept me glued to the television during the majors.

- My Dad - He got me into the game at a young age and golf has created a special bond over all of these years between us.  Also, now were very similar handicaps so its nice to have a little family competition to gloat about at family dinners.

- Mike Weir - As a Canadian I am very proud of Mike Weirs accomplishments on the PGA Tour and seeing him put on that Green Jacket at Augusta was amazing for golf in Canada.

- Derek (Head Pro at my Local club) - Derek was responsible in turning around the junior golf program at my club.  He held free clinics on Sunday afternoons and was really good at making the game fun for kids of all ages and skill.  He even got me my first job at 15 at the club, those were the best 2 summers as I never left the course.

Now there are definitely others I could have added to this list, but as of today these are my top 4. I'm curious to see who has impacted other TST members' passion for the game.

Thanks! :beer:

No_33_Mount_Rushmore.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

L. Trevino, T. Watson, M. Norman, and J. Daly. These guys would be my four. 

Trevino had fun with the game, while playing championship golf. I have fun with the game myself.

Watson because I have had few nice conversations with him. He made time for a fan. 

Norman simply because of his accuracy with his golf clubs. I too like accuracy. I just don't have Norman's distance. I have also  spent a lot of time researching his personal, and golf history. Very unique individual.

Daly just because he's John Daly. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!