IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Hole number 2, par 4, on Saturday morning. Thinned my 5-iron tee shot slightly and came up a bit short and in the bunker I was trying to clear. Had about 70-80 yards left to an upper teir pin (really upper tier like 6-8ft elevation change). Grabbed a PW and really caught her sweet. Landed about 10- feet fron the hole and one hop-stopped.

I then proceeded to 3 putt, due to said 6-8' slope, down, up then sank the third.

Did I mention the flag was located just at the top of this slope, damn greenskeepers

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Last week playing a par Five measuring 454 yards uphill. I was just off the green to the left just pass pin high and had a long left to right down hill putt and with my new putting stroke I was fortunate enought to sink the putt for an eagle. I have to say it was the best putt of the week or best putt of the year for me.

I don't usually make eagles and usually happy to make birdies so it was exciting for me to experience that shot or putt.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

On Saturday, I played in a Monster Best Ball tourney. On the par-4 2nd hole modified to play from 228 yards, going for the green off the tee, I missed my tee shot just short of pin high to the right, about 10 feet up on a steep hillside, in a bush. I had to take an unplayable lie. I found a line between the ball and the pin, about 20 feet higher up the hill. My drop wound up in a sandy footprint. I gripped down to the shaft with the ball about belt-high and hit a little explosion shot that landed on the green like a beanbag. I then sunk the downhill left-to-right 12 foot putt to save par. We went on to tie for 1st place net (64) but took second in a card-off.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I had a few solid shots. My tee shot on number one was 305 right down the middle. It was my first shot in two weeks and helped me immediately feel better about my driving after a stretch of bannana slices the previous time out. I also hit a solid 50 yard wedge shot that ended up inside 3 feet.

However, my two best shots came with the putter. On the 3rd hole, a driveable par 4, I pushed my tee shot and had to punch out sideways. After a mediocre 3rd I had about 25' from the fringe for par. There were some leaves on the green, but nothing major. There was also what looked like a crumbled up leaf just outside my line. I pulled the ball a little, but it was tracking nicely towards the hole when it hit the "leaf" that turned out to be a partially chewed up acorn. The ball deflected 90 degrees left and ended up about 12 feet below the hole. I rolled in the bogey putt from there. Two holes latter I rolled in a 30 footer for par.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Well I had one of the best shots today that I've had in a while, it was on the first hole and I hit my tee shot around 290 and was left with 117 yards to the pin, so I took out my gap wedge and hit the my shot, well it hit the middle of the green rolled past the hole then checked and spun back what looked to be a few inches, but when I got up there my ball was sitting inches from the cup, when I saw where my ball had landed it was around 4 feet past the hole! only in the past week have I begun to spin the ball the way I am right now, it feels good to know that im still making improvements in my swing and havn't reached my full potential yet.... it was the best shot I"ve hit into a green in a while =)

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

I hooked my drive off the 1st Tee at Sharp Park, Pacifica, CA and was forced to play a shot in front of the green because of the trees blocking my shot to the green and I was about 30 yards away and chipped with my 56 degree and it stopped 3 feet pass the hole and I made the putt to save par.

My playing partner hit the fairway but ended up with boogie and I started one up on him in our match play.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

i had two, almost identical shots, that were the highlight for my round a few days back. both out of the rough. i clubbed up in both cases to a 5-iron, even though i had about 165-170 each time. put the ball in the middle of my stance, steep backswing and got a lot of ball both times. each time the ball came out with a bit lower ball flight and a slight fade. ended up with about 10 footers each time. felt great. missed both putts though. but long irons out of the rough have been my nemesis this year, so i was content.....at least for that day!

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

i had two, almost identical shots, that were the highlight for my round a few days back. both out of the rough. i clubbed up in both cases to a 5-iron, even though i had about 165-170 each time. put the ball in the middle of my stance, steep backswing and got a lot of ball both times. each time the ball came out with a bit lower ball flight and a slight fade. ended up with about 10 footers each time. felt great. missed both putts though. but long irons out of the rough have been my nemesis this year, so i was content.....at least for that day!

nice work.

Mine was a few weeks ago. Decided to go by my self and let out some stress. It was the 6th hole. Par 3, about 160, water on the right side and back of the hole. Hit off the tee. Could have sworn it went off the back of the green and into the water. Got up on the green, searching around the water for the ball. Giving up, I looked by the cup, and there was my ball. About two inches from the cup. How this happened, I am not sure. I looked around to see if anyone was around to mess with me. Not a sole in sight. Kind of creepy actually. I had to check the ball and make sure it was mine.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

Well not quite this past week; a few weeks ago, but who's counting?

The 16th at my home course during my member-guest tourney.

The hole requires a carry over a quarry, then dog-leg right. You can play it safe with a short carry to the left or go for the 220+ yard carry straight out, leaving a short iron to the green. Hitting that shot short will leave you in the side of the quarry (20 foot wall covered in vines) or in the waste area. Beyond the carry, the dog leg is protected in the trees.

I tried an aggressive shot. I aimed left and took a gamble on playing a fade. It worked! The shot followed the fairway left and started going right, landing perfectly straight out around 250. That was my shot of the season!

I hit a gap wedge onto the green and one-putted 20 feet for birdy.

I shot my handicap that round as did my buddy (4.6) and we won the tourney, low gross!

I'm starting to love this game!

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

I hit a couple of nice drives on Saturday, but nothing too exciting. Shot of the week was about a 20 foot downhill putt I made for par on #1.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Played with a gentleman today, who hit the stick on a fly from about 205 with a 4i. Too bad the greens were frozen (literally) or the ball would have stayed on the green. He got up and down for bird. Best shot I have seen from a "hacker" all season. I do believe he shot somewhere around +3 for 18.
What's in the bag (and what kind of Bag...)
Aerolite Walking Bag (no riding!)
HiBore XL 9.5°
Orilmar Tri-Metal 19°
G2 4-PW CG10 52° 588 56°Knight 64° Ansr G2I

It was on the 13th hole at Santa Anita this Sunday. It's a dogleg right 510 yard par 5, with out of bounds on the right. I set up for a fade, but instead pulled it in the left trees. I had well over 300 to the hole and I had to go under some trees, and so I punched a 3 iron to about 105. The pin was tucked middle right, right over a sand trap. I hit a crappy sand wedge left about two feet short of the green. Here's the shot: An up hill, double breaker, fifty foot putt. And guess what? Right in the hole for a birdie! I thought it was pretty good after a 200 yard drive in the trees. Plus that got me to one under, then I birdied the next hole, and then seventeen to shoot 3 under par! Another good shot I hit was a 170 yd eight iron to the middle of the green on 18. That's the shot of the round that pretty much sealed the deal. But the whole day I was striking the ball like a pro. Had a ton of easy pars where I didn't have to get up and down. Felt really good to finally play well.

My best shot of the week was on a 145 yard par 3.
Front pin, bunker front, left and right. About 4 feet of green to work with past the front bunker. Tee shot high with slight fade, straight over the pin to above 8 feet. 3 putts (shit!!!). The 3 putts sort of wrecked me up for the next 3 holes.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

About a week ago, last time I played and the weather was really nice for late in November. I was out mostly to test the new shafts in my hybrids and also two new drivers I'd just built. I was playing about to my handicap, nothing spectacular but putting quite well. We got to the Par 3 18th hole, which is 192 yds. from the blues and about a 100 ft. vertical drop. It's just nasty trying to club that shot because of the elevation change and from the blue tees you can only see the very back edge of the green. There was a pretty stiff right to left crosswind, about 15-20 mph which made matters worse.

I decided on the 4 hybrid and struck the ball cleanly, playing my normal fade against the wind. Right as I hit the shot my playing partner and I both said "that could be really good" at the same time.

The ball held online with the flag just left of the pin and stuck almost in it's ball mark. About 18 inches for birdie, that was a sweet way to finish.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Two equally great shots Friday!

1. Hole out a 165 yard 8-iron for eagle.
2. 187 yard par 3. Pulled my 6-iron 20 yards left, hit a tree, the ball shot right and the ball stopped 3 feet from the hole....made the putt for birdie!!

Driver: R7 425 w/ Grafalloy Tour Blue S
3-wood: Ti Bubble 2
Irons: TP R7 w/ DG S300 shaft
Wedges: 55 & 60 deg.
Putter: My old trusty Tc.1Ball: Pro v-1 Bag:Never, Never, Never Quit!

Par 5 second shot from 230 out with a 3 wood. I hit it to an elevated green on a rope and it stops 20 feet from the hole for eagle opportunity.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Last Saturday on my home course: 16th hole, par 4, sharp dogleg left. My tee shot was as good as I could do. I cut the edge of the dogleg, just to the right of a large, nasty, ball catching, hole wreaking tree. The ball landed in the very narrow fairway about 154 yards from the pin. I took an easy swing with my 26 degree hybrid and the result, thanks to a soft draw, was the ball 4 feet from the hole, pin high. Drained the putt for a much needed birdie: a highlight in my mind's newsreel of the day's top stories.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"