IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Chip in on #8 for Birdie. Saturday @ the practice green paid off big on the front.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Made my first birdie the other day on a par 3 120 yard hole. I hit a nice PW off the tee and dropped within 6 ft of the hole and one putted in the rain.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

12th hole of my conference tournament.
7 iron to 4 feet for my 2nd birdie on the back
or, the 2nd hole, i had like a 20 yard wedge shot with around a pace and a half of green to work with (behind it is a ridge that I've never seen anyone hole a putt from.)
Hit a high soft one to around 2 feet, made par (missed the green terribly)

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Today on a fairly short par five, I hit 3 wood from about 215 with a GALE wind in my face, and cut it around some trees to get out of the trees to the right of the fairway, and the ball two hopped up to the green. Had about a 40 foot eagle putt, and two putted for birdie

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

it was a windy day and this was on a par 5. I chunk my 2nd shot-3 wood and it goes into a small stream. i drop a ways behind the stream close to 205-210. wind is going left to right. I take out my 2-hybrid and hit a perfect high fade exactly how i wanted to and it lands on the green softly. the left to right wind pushed it a little too far right but I still 2 putted for my bogey. I love it when i can hit a shot exactly how i was planning to and strike the ball solidly.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

I had a rather up and down round yesterday. I started on the back nine without any warmup. On #14, a 360 yard gentle dogleg left, with elevation changes unusual to the Mississippi Delta, I hit a poor tee shot to the left that just stayed in bounds. I was under a canopy of trees that extended well forward and the direction to the hole was well left of my position. My only shot was a low draw. My attempt to execute this shot was stymied, in part, by a creek into which my poorly hit ball dribbled. I pulled out the ball, took my penalty and was left with a 102 yard shot straight toward an elevated green. With a wedge, I produced my best swing of the day. The result was a towering trajectory just to the right of the hole. The ball hit the green and rolled toward the hole, stopping just inches short of glory. Therein lay my round: some bad shots and some good shots, all resulting in a mediocre round. On to the next 18!

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Holed out from 80 yards for birdie. I had one like that for eagle in May 2007 too.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

My best two this past weekend:

1) A downhill right to left 8 footer that nailed the back of the cup for an up-down par. The conditions were such that that the greens for me had gone from slow with little break at 5:45am at the start of the round to drying out quick and getting slicker by the hole at 9:30am. It was also nice that there were four other golfers plus one of the greenskeepers mowing the fringe. Talk about having eyes on you.

2) A 155 7 iron ball below feet shot that I had to work around a tree in the left center of the fairway that I found myself behind. I'm not a draw player but I had to set up with a draw shot to stay away from the tree. Aim was just to the right of the tree. The ball had just a touch of draw, made it nicely around the tree and got me to within 10 feet of the green. Got the up down from there.

I hit a terrible tee shot that landed on the adjacent fairway. A draw that did not do that. I had 204 yards to the flag, downwind. Took a 5I and stuck it to about 12 feet. I had to go over some trees so I was really thrilled with the shot. Missed the birdie putt but was an easy tap in par.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

The only par I ever shot in my life (only played not even half-a-dozen rounds so far) was on a par 3 which was the 4th. I hit a 4I from the tee, which is about 175 yards and landed it about thirty feet left of the hole, and I was just glad I had a par opportunity. Putted it from thirty feet away, played it safe, made the leftover four footer for par.

Mine for this week was a, 12 Foot birdie putt on Hole 6 at Clover Hill in Pittsburgh. Read and struck perfectly and the ball just made a nice right turn into the cup.

I had two last week.

1) Thursday night - I short-sided myself in some deep rough about 8 yds. from the pin with about 3 yds. of green to work with. Hit a nice, high, soft pitch that bounced, hit the pin, and stopped on the lip of the cup.

2) Drained a 45 footer from the fringe for birdie on #1 on Saturday.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• Administrator
Hit a 3/4 9-iron 107 yards into the wind. Flew it right over the stick and pulled it back about four feet. Nearly jarred it, but it broke off to the side and I had less than a two-foot tap-in for birdie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a nice second shot on our first hole to about 4 feet for a birdie putt, which I made.

OF COURSE, the first-hole birdie curse struck and I ended up shooting 40 for the nine...

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

My irons had some pretty great shots today(dang driver)...

Went into the woods off the tee on a par 5 and played it safe out to about 205 out. Hit a 3-iron and stuck it 4 feet from the cup pin high. Course management + Birdie = Happy

Honorable mention: Another par 5 in the woods(surprise) after 2 and hit a strong 2 iron punch draw up onto the green. I haven't had that shot in my bag ever until I worked on it early this season.

In my Hoofer:

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 9*
3Wood: Big Bertha
Irons: Eye2 BeCu 2-PWWedges: 56 & 60 RTG 588Putter: Sedona

3rd hole, second shot over a wide baranca to a hidden green pin way left 4 yds from edge, a bit of wind, have always struggled with this shot to get the yardage right, this time a 9 iron with a slight fade disappeared from view, walked up and it was 2' from the hole. Perfectly executed shot, felt great to finally get the best of this extremely tricky hole.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I hit the best shot of my life today, which led to my first birdie!

On my home course (Peninsula Golf Club, Port Angeles WA) the #12 hole is a blind dogleg right. The first leg of the fairway is a long hummock, and I teed off with my 5 iron to the left side, which gave me a blind 2nd shot up and over the hummock, then down a long hill to the small green, which is sitting on a hill of its own, ringed with sandtraps and with trees, a water hazard and OB behind.

I chose to hit my 5 iron again due to the distance from the hole, and I absolutely CREAMED the ball - it was the most beautiful draw I have ever hit, but I was absolutely sure I flew the ball right over the green and through the trees into OB or the water.

I sadly trudged down the fairway to the green, scanning the backside the whole way in hopes that my ball had somehow stuck to the top of the hill, but when I was about 30 yards away I realized that something was sitting in the shadows from the trees across the green - I did a double take and realized that my ball was sitting less than two feet from the pin, on a severe pin-forward placement on the green!

Not only had I not flown the green, I had stuck the ball to the front, and it was a simple tap-in for the most glorious birdie. I was laughing out loud at how sweet it was! (fortunately, or unfortunately, there was nobody there to witness it!)

Well done QWKDTS, keep up the great work. I only started playing last year and my best score was 101-104 near the end of the season, In the winter I focused alot on my swing, the dynamics and course management even without playing, going to the driving range etc and I feel my game is really coming on (touch wood).

I played 2 rounds this week, one on my home course where I shot a 92 which I was delighted with as a goal of my for 08 was to break 100 on my home course and a 85 on a 66course nearby, of course I'm not letting it get to my head as I am sure a 100plus round is round the corner but just keep working pal at your game, for example my pals who I play with (9hc and 14hc) use 9irons on 160par 3s and I go for a 3-4 punch swing with the 6 Iron - maybe not as attractive and flowing as their full 9 Irons but it works for me at this moment.
One of my goals was stop 4s and 5s on par 3s and so far so good but I think my fear last year was I was to hit the ball too short or too long.

My best shot this week was the 10th hole - a pond to the right and a more water on the right with a narrow fairway the best thing is to just keep it in play, I went wth the driver (usually can hit them quite straight) 308 yard par 4 and hit it straight landed 20feet from the pin and nailed my birdie.