IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Number 2, 370 yard par 4, slopes left to right and is uphill. I hit my drive to about 5 yards beyond the 100 yard marker, on the right side of the short stuff. Got on with a wedge.....

and proceeded to three putt for a bogey 5.

But that drive... WOW. I almost felt like a golfer.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

The last round I played I was playing fantastic and ended up shooting my lowest ever round, an 81. Anyways I 3 putted the 17th as I had let my head start thinking about how great I was playing - doh! Anyways I stood on the 18th tee which is a long par-5, about 580 yards. I hit a good tee shot which caught the lip of a fairway bunker and I had to use my 56* wedge to get out. So I'm standing there probably 280 yards out thinking I need to bomb a 3 wood close to have any chance of making par.... I hit probably my worst shot of the day and topped it.... anyways I ended it up topping it about 150 yards and had a 9 iron into the green which I put to about 10 feet and made the putt for one of the strangest pars... the 9-iron was just hit perfectly

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Played Sunday and played well, in fact best round of the year with an 84.

Have a chance to break 40 on the back nine but need to finish par-par.

17 is a 180 yard par 3, pin is up and i sweet-hit a 6 iron to 10 ft... miss the putt, but a great shot for me non the less.

18 I rip a drive 280 (which is really long for me) have 105 into the pin and chunk my gap wedge. Hit my 60 degree to 12 feet and drain the put. Finish 45-39 for my first under 40 side in three years.

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

304 Yard par 4, number one hole....people waiting behind my group on the box.... driver off the tee box, rolled to 3 ft from the pin. Tap in Eagle. =]

Finished 1 over on the front haha

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

Hit an 8-iron from 156 yds. yesterday to about 6 feet, then proceeded to miss the birdie putt. Easily my best shot in the last two or three weeks. Ironically, I drained two birdie putts from between 20-30 feet later in the round... go figure.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Sort of a funny but good shot for me yesterday. About a 360 yd par 4 I drove about 250 out and 40 to the left off the tee and then had a difficult shot from the left so I hit a Vokey 54* about 100 or so out and hit into the sand bunker and then my ball bounced out to be about 3 feet from the hole ! I knocked it in for birdie and walked away smiling as a tough bunker shot was turned into an easy birdie putt

R7 Superquad 10.5° RE*AX 65 Fujikura
R7 Draw Rescue 3H 19°
R7 Draw Rescue 5H 25°
X-20 4-AW
Vokey Spin Milled 54° ChromeCPR 56°Victoria II 35"Pro v1

Yesterday #18, cut my drive through the trees on the right, end up behind a bush @ 175, decide to punch out. Fail miserably @ the punch by toeing it directly into the bush. Now my ball is 170 to the green, under the bush, but not so much I can't get a swing on it. Throw this shot to within 5' for an easy par putt.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Last week on a 400 yard par 4 I hit my drive 200 yards left and was in the middle of the woods surrounded by trees. Then with my 4 hybrid I hit a low shot that managed to hit every single branch but still snuck its way onto the green

I hit an easy approach shot about 100 yards away to a back pin on the 18th hole to beat out my buddy. I hit the shot easy with the full backswing and uncoiling the forward swing without any effort and the ball did what I wanted it to do.

I missed my birdie putt but made my par. This swing I did not have two weeks ago so it was a confidence builder for me knowing that I can hit shots closer to the pin.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I'm on a par4 and slice my tee shot way off into the other fairway on the right. When I get to the ball, there is a tall stand of pine trees between me and my hole. The smart play would be to chip back onto my fairway so I can get a look at the green.

Fortunately, I'm not a smart player.... I'm a high handicapper with poor course management skills. :) So I decide to shoot a 7 iron in the direction I think the green is.

To my astonishment I managed to get the shot to clear the top of the trees, then a second later I hear "Good shot!" coming from the other players. I'd managed to put myself on the green about 15 feet from the hole. :) Not bad for a blind shot by a beginner.

I then proceeded to tripple put and ruin the hole. :)

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Par 5 listed at 518. Roll my tee shot to the left...right against some brush that lines the left side of the hole all the way down. No swing....punch an 8 iron out to where I can play it.... Hit a 3 wood, popped up..... Laying 200 yds out, blind shot into the green....hitting 4. Hit my new hybrid and put it pin high 8 feet to the left. Pushed my putt! Nice bogey bonehead!

454-yard par 4, 2nd shot from the left handside of the fairway about 200 yards out to a back pin, bunker protecting the front of the green. Hit a very pure shot to about 8 feet with my 4 hybrid and sunk the putt for a very satisfying birdie.

What's in the bag

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Hole #1 363 yard Par 4

First shot of the round, first shot (on the course) with my new shaft in my 3 wood (I don't have a driver). I smoked it about 240 straight as an arrow, the shot sounded great, felt great, it was the kinda of shot that keeps you coming back to golf.

The best part was that I capitalized on my nice tee-shot by making par, which is awesome for me.

Man, I love this game!!!

Slingshot Cart Bag
Driver - FT-3 10* Draw
3 Wood - Fusion 15*
3-PW - Walter Hagen "The Haig" Blades (from the 1970s, they were my Dad's)
Wedges - 51* Cleveland TA, 56* Vokey SM Oil Can, 60* Vokey Raw SteelPutter - Karsten AnserBall - NXT-Tour

178 yard Par 3 with a pond on right and trees on left. Used my X18 5 iron and stuffed it 10 ft. over the pin. I was the only one on out the foursome.

Taylormade R7
Taylormade R580 3,5,7 wood
Callaway X-18 irons
Cleveland 588 SW
Odyssey #1 XG Putter

Played this morning and came about as close as I ever have to a hole-in-one. 155 yards to the pin, wind was right to left and against. Hit a 6-iron that was all over the pin, landed a couple of feet in front and checked after one skip; gotta love those 18" birdie putts!

What's in the bag

Irons Ping I10 5-GW

I hit many good shots yesterday. Perhaps the best was with the Cleveland HiBore 2i hybrid. I had pushed my tee shot into the first cut. Wind from the left and pin at the very top tier of a 3 tier green. From 208 I aimed at the left edge and flushed it ... the wind gently brought it back to the flag and it 'dropped and stopped' to 6 feet below the hole. Missed the birdie putt, though!

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

In a President's Cup Match at my club. Down 3 with 7 to go.

Beat my opponent on 17 to square the match. Go into 18 feeling good and ready to complete my comeback. 360 yard uphill par 4. No view of the green. Have to hit the ball over a hill.

I hit driver and my opponent rattles crap in the cart on my takeaway. Duff it, goes a little over 100 yards, still at the bottom of the hill, no view of the green.

Skycaddie says 230 to the front. Hit my new 15 degree Nike Hybrid as pure as can be. Wind up on the green, 20 feet away.

Opponent has 130 in, hits it fat. Ends up bogeying and I par. He was pissed but that is karma. Don't rattle crap in someones backswing.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12