IGNORED

China Rejects Golf

HitAndGiggle
Note: This thread is 2644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 1/24/2017 at 3:26 AM, boogielicious said:

No politics. Last warning.

Sorry to ask a dumb question. But, are there politics in this thread? Was something deleted? Thanks.

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

In my area we have lost at 2-3 golf courses due to development. The owners would rather take money for the land than have to own & manage the day to day operations of a course.

Add this all in with China who has a expanding economy & population. Leisure sports just may not be profitable, needed or wanted.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, HitAndGiggle said:

Sorry to ask a dumb question. But, are there politics in this thread? Was something deleted? Thanks.

I got a warning for this one:

Oops, sorry! :-(

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

In my area we have lost at 2-3 golf courses due to development. The owners would rather take money for the land than have to own & manage the day to day operations of a course.

Add this all in with China who has a expanding economy & population. Leisure sports just may not be profitable, needed or wanted.

I think the population is actually shrinking, maybe not? I don't have the latest statistics. However, many young factory couples are only having one kid due to work commitments.

You're probably right about leisure sports at this point. . .It'll probably be another 20 years when these young upwardly mobile people start amassing wealth.

Seems like I only really see "old men" on the courses with a lot of young female "caddies" on the courses. Too bad, because the few courses I've played are really beautiful.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

20 hours ago, Lihu said:

I got a warning for this one:

Oops, sorry! :-(

I think the population is actually shrinking, maybe not? I don't have the latest statistics. However, many young factory couples are only having one kid due to work commitments.

You're probably right about leisure sports at this point. . .It'll probably be another 20 years when these young upwardly mobile people start amassing wealth.

Seems like I only really see "old men" on the courses with a lot of young female "caddies" on the courses. Too bad, because the few courses I've played are really beautiful.

This is completely anecdotal, but in my area your average golfer is older, retired or as you put it amassed wealth.
I only find the younger golfers out on the weekends or scrambles. Of course there are few exception to this as some people have taken to the game seriously. But most leagues are not filled with golfers in their 20's.
In this day and age there is so much competition for golf. Between countless other sports, activities and hobbies, golf is pricey and time consuming.I think this is one of the reason that many of the local country clubs are having issues maintaining members.

If we take my anecdotal evidence and apply it to an economic market and population for which I have absolutely no data on, we can try and draw a conclusion that those in China, may have neither the time, money or inclination to play golf.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

23 minutes ago, Elmer said:

This is completely anecdotal, but in my area your average golfer is older, retired or as you put it amassed wealth.
I only find the younger golfers out on the weekends or scrambles. Of course there are few exception to this as some people have taken to the game seriously. But most leagues are not filled with golfers in their 20's.
In this day and age there is so much competition for golf. Between countless other sports, activities and hobbies, golf is pricey and time consuming.I think this is one of the reason that many of the local country clubs are having issues maintaining members.

If we take my anecdotal evidence and apply it to an economic market and population for which I have absolutely no data on, we can try and draw a conclusion that those in China, may have neither the time, money or inclination to play golf.

True, and in addition to work, they might have other social priorities as well. Chinese culture puts a lot of emphasis on family, so I'm sure that even though they have money now they probably spend a good deal of it on their families.

So, golf might need to take a backseat to many other activities for at least 2 more decades? Depends upon how golf is adopted in China. If it's taken up as a family activity, it might take off again?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!