• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Pretty much my stance on this.  I do not know how many times a player gets DQ'd for this. I think it is one of the rarest penalties called. To change it to a convoluted process because some loud, and wrong, social media personalities made click-bait worthy headlines out of this is sad.  99.99999999% of the time Jordan sits down and goes through the process of validating hole by hole. I understand that he was suffering from a stomach issue and had to evac to a bathroom. We have all been there, you are in a store, and you need to run to the restroom. You disregard everything to make it to that toilet.  Just allow them to go use the restroom before signing a card. Is there any benefit to delaying the signing and returning of the card immediately after a round? Put a porta-john right next to the signing tent/building. There you go, you can use the restroom before signing the card. Maybe the card needs to be passed along to a scoring official first so you can't carry it with you. That way there wouldn't be some nefarious ideas. There are so many easier ways to fix this without having this convoluted process.  Like, off the top of my head, here are a list of reasons someone could want to delay signing a card.  1. Restroom (as we found out) 2. A family/friend intercepts them and tells them about something that happened (emergency). 3. Medical issue (like heat stroke or what not).  I mean, that is it. Any other situation, if the golfer actually signs for an incorrect score, is because they messed up during the review of the cards before signing it. If they messed up that process then tough, DQ. 
    • Nothing. Just defending what I didn't say.  
    • 'A world-class phony'.. That's it, that right there. Could not have put it better. 
    • Uh okay… I don’t even understand what you’re arguing about at this point, but I’m out.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...