IGNORED

Board Games

(edited)

Similar to the Video Game thread, this will be a board game thread. 

I am a huge board game fan. I have over 25 board games. 

A few of my favorites are...

1. Terraforming Mars
2. Settlers of Catan
3. Lords of Waterdeep
4. Dead of Winter 

For those who like board games, what are some of your favorites. 

Edited by saevel25
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• saevel25 changed the title to Board Games

Settlers of Catan is probably my favorite of all time, but I haven’t played too many board games in recent years. These days my board game companions are my kids so the games have to be suited to their level. I’ve read good things about Stuffed Fables and I’m thinking about getting it.

48 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Similar to the Video Game thread, this will be a board game thread. 

I am a huge board game fan. I have over 25 board games. 

A few of my favorites are...

1. Terraforming Mars
2. Settlers of Catan
3. Lords of Waterdeep
4. Dead of Winter 

For those who like board games, what are some of your favorites. 

1. Monopoly 

2. Sorry

3. Risk

4. Trouble

In no particular order, here’s a few I like:

- monopoly 

- chess 

- balderdash 

- clue 

- munchkin 

Sequence, Cribbage, Scrabble, Backgammon, Mah Jong, Trouble, Sorry, Bananagrams, Othello are ones my wife and I play a lot. We have Clue and a couple of others that are in the rotation too.

We also like card games like Mille Bourne and Play 9, which is a fun golf card game. We used to play 99 with the kids on vacation to keep the entertained at restaurants. 

Cards Against Humanity is an adult version of Apples to Apples which is hilarious and not for kids!

I don't play too many board games but I do enjoy playing cribbage.

Our Meetup group uses Board Game Arena to play online games together.   We add discord and it's fun.

The various Catan games are high on my list.  I have a mixed-language copy of Starfarers of Catan -- a German copy of the original four-player (from before one could purchase it in English) and an English-language 5-6 player expansion.

I've been playing Gloomhaven with some friends every-other week.  Pre-pandemic we played sporadically, then in about May we went to playing online every-other-week.

Back in the day I really liked Axis/Allies and Shogun (sometimes marketed as Samurai Swords).  I don't know where my copy of the former is.  The latter I haven't played in over a decade anyway, and the latter the same, except a girlfriend (now ex, not because of this) wanted to play but she got bored during setup.

In college I played a lot of Munchkin and Bang! too.  Haven't played those since though.

I did play Bridge once upon a time.  I think I was even ranked as high as junior master (this only sounds impressive if you don't play bridge) at one point.  I haven't played in a decade.

• 2 weeks later...

When on trips we take a magnetic Backgammon we can play on planes and train. We took the Amtrack from Michigan to Chicago, then on to San Francisco a year ago and played it on the train.  One of my favs as a kid was Chutes and Ladders