IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

(edited)

8/29/20 - right elbow equal to or less than 90*

Not sure why first one is a little blurry, but still sufficient for my purposes here I think:

Practice:

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right elbow less than 90*:

Improving I think

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Right elbow less than 90*:

Or is it > 90°? 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Or is it > 90°? 🙂

I was at 95* and now I’m around 91* per my goniometer 🤥

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

• Administrator

I think you missed the point. You want to be at > 90°, not less than 90°. A straight elbow would be ~180°.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think you missed the point. You want to be at > 90°, not less than 90°. A straight elbow would be ~180°.

I understand what you want - I’m trying to achieve “less that 90* of flexion“ when taking the club up leaving my resultant angle greater than 90*. That’s what I mean...I’m trying to flex my right elbow less than 90* so that it’s straighter, correct?

i feel like I’m good with slower, paused backswings, but when I increase speed, my backswing moves higher and my right elbow flexes more. You can see that in my practice takeaways. 

And thank you for taking the time to check on me

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

• Administrator

Yes, you want "an elbow bend" of > 90°, because ~180° is straight(-ish).

To achieve this, from setup, you will bend your elbow < 90°.

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes, you want "an elbow bend" of > 90°, because ~180° is straight(-ish).

To achieve this, from setup, you will bend your elbow < 90°.

That is my understanding...just struggling to make it happen on full speed swings. “It’s a process”

-Jonny

@woodzie264, Try this drill and feel. It’s from the thread below. When I was working on it, I tried to feel the left palm pushing down on my right thumb through to A4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@boogielicious thanks for the reminder. I remember doing those drills (maybe during COVID challenge?), but I haven’t done them in a while...I’ve just been trying to use the club 🤦‍♂️

-Jonny

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

@woodzie264, Try this drill and feel. It’s from the thread below. When I was working on it, I tried to feel the left palm pushing down on my right thumb through to A4.

I’ll work on it awhile

-Jonny

• Administrator

It's easier to do without a weight pulling your arms around.

• Thumbs Up 1

After doing several rounds of drills today

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Something I'd been meaning to write for awhile, but it's good for you too.

11 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

After doing several rounds of drills today

Looks better. Do it even slower from A1 to A5 or so. Try to ingrain the feel through transition.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Something I'd been meaning to write for awhile, but it's good for you too.

image.png.7eeb53870c0b63a96ab99a75f8e47416.png

• Like 1

-Jonny

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Looks better. Do it even slower from A1 to A5 or so. Try to ingrain the feel through transition.

Hard for me to do this so slowly through transition. It’s a good idea. Admittedly, I’m thinking too much about Erik’s “staying connected” article right now (since I gotta lot of junk going on in my swing), but I appreciate the feedback.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

9/07/20 - FOV; Right elbow str8

sorry about the sun in the background

not seeing a ton of improvement there.

DTL

Some improvement in the DTL view, but I definitely see all of that excessive horizontal addiction of the left elbow you were talking about @iacas.
Understanding there’s a lot I need to change in my swing, I’ll wait to move onto that as my next PP once I’ve been given “clearance” from my current one, assuming that is what you’d have me focus on next. 

-Jonny