IGNORED

My Swing (Longhorns87)

Longhorns87
Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 5ish years, but no more then 5 rounds a year.
My current handicap index or average score is: 110-120
My typical ball flight is: High slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice, fat and thin shots.

Videos: 

All you have to do is play as well as a pro. Once you start doing that. Then, you can be a golf pro yourself. Easy huh?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome, @Longhorns87

Curious if you have an instructor. My guess is no (not because of your scores, but just because you play 5 times per year). Or perhaps you're just starting to commit yourself now and you have one? 

I ask because (after you read some of the threads here on TST found in the link below) when you go to the range, you'll probably want to focus in narrowly on changing something. And it's important to find that one thing to work on- either through an instructor - or through some guidance here.

Plus, if you have an instructor, folks here don't necessarily want to override what the instructor is saying, but it's useful for us to hear the advice you're getting.

Anyway, here are some great threads to get acquainted with as you start on the My Swing thread.

There's also another thread that isn't listed there that I found pretty useful to stay focused:

Good luck. At first glance, it appears your filming angles are pretty good, so you've got a leg up on where quite a few people start. Seems like perhaps you've read up on the guidance before posting, so kudos. Hopefully, some folks who know what they're talking about will be along at some point, but until they do, I'd recommend using the thread as a journal of what you're working on, your goals, etc. All good info for people when they decide to chime in.

Edited by RandallT
Thread fix
  • Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!