IGNORED

Lie Angle Math Problem

Phocus
Note: This thread is 5971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Trying to figure out the lie angle I would need to specify for Vokey wedge order for the following situation:

My Iron Specs
Irons are Ping S58 3-PW
Lie Angle: +2.25 - upright (Green color code)
Length: +1/2" over standard

Standard 54* Ping Tour-W wedge
Lie Angle: 64.25
Length: 35.25

Standard 54* Titleist Vokey SM
Lie Angle: 64.00
Length: 35.25

I want the Vokey wedge to be the equivalent of a Ping wedge with a Blue color code and +1/2" over standard length . Blue color code for Ping is +.75* upright. I thought I had this figured out until I read that adding 1/2" to the shaft length changes the lie angle more upright. Note that the standard lie angle for the Titleist wedge is 0.25 less than Ping but the same shaft length. I'm not sure if the lie angle is 65.00 (64.25 std + 0.75 upright) for a Ping wedge if it's length is +1/2" over standard, since they may compensate for the length change. If it is actually 65.00, then I would think I would need to order the Vokey 1* upright and +1/2" over standard length.

Any clubmakers that can help me out?

One thing I would do would take your s58's to a fitter and verify the lie. I got a set of s58 Black Dots and the 6,7,8 irons were 1-2* upright from standard. Needless to say I had them all bent to the same lie. Not saying yours are not correct, but would not hurt to check.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

Note: This thread is 5971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!