IGNORED

Chip Swing

Note: This thread is 2484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Inspired by a recent thread here, it made me think I use a chip swing on shots 80 yards and in. I set up like I would for a normal chip (weight slightly forward) and go (mainly thinking about a half back swing). I started practicing with longer clubs and have gone up to a 6 iron with decent results. It eliminates fat shots completely. It produces a low shot and one club less. I suspect a higher handicapper slicer would benefit by this. Has anyone tried this approach? I do great when the ball is teed up. But, have always struggled on the ground. Cheers, SG

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

If I understand your description, I do what you do, or at least something very similar. I putt and chip with the same (Paul Runyun)  stroke. I figure the fewer  the moving parts, the more consistant the swing. Plus when practicing my putting stroke, I am also practicing my chipping stroke, and vice versa. 

Last year I started using this stroke for longer pitch shots, using various clubs, and back swing lengths for distances needed.  Jury is still out, but I am seeing some decent progress. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
3 hours ago, Patch said:

If I understand your description, I do what you do, or at least something very similar. I putt and chip with the same (Paul Runyun)  stroke. I figure the fewer  the moving parts, the more consistant the swing. Plus when practicing my putting stroke, I am also practicing my chipping stroke, and vice versa. 

Last year I started using this stroke for longer pitch shots, using various clubs, and back swing lengths for distances needed.  Jury is still out, but I am seeing some decent progress. 

Patch, Pretty much you are right. I started to use it for short shots and those pesty 50-60 yard shots and it's been great. Now, I am trying this swing up to a 6 iron. So, if a shot requires a 7 iron. I use a 6 iron chip swing. It's not magic. But, it certainly stops the chunks and tops which ruin ones day. Also, it is a straight shot, too. The great thing, it doesn't require a lot of thought. I think this is probably best for a high capper or senior. Thx for the reply, SG

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

Note: This thread is 2484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!