IGNORED

Forgiving hybrids

Note: This thread is 2436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sent my Callaway xr clubs back.  Bought some Cobra Fly Z used irons that look like new.  Really like the way they look.  They have senior shafts in them which I am convinced I need now.  I have trouble with my left shoulder and I just don't have the swing speed.   I am going to buy some hybrids to go with the irons.  I have a 6 through pw.  I'll probably  get  a 3,4 and 5 hybrid..  I am looking at some Taylor Made M1's at Callaway Preowned in my price range.  They also have some M2's in my price range also.  Anybody use these or could recommend another hybrid.  They make so many.

I haven't been on a swing monitor in years.  We only have one golf shop here where I live.  I may go in tomorrow and see if he has time to let me get on his monitor adn check at least my swing speed.  I was watching a video on youtube and the guy was demonstrating a couple of different swings on a monitor.  One of the swings he said was 87 and the other 84.  I would say I am nowhere close  to that from what I could see on the video.   It's hell to get old.

Anyway has anyone used the M1 or M2 hybrid. 

I have a FlyZ 4H hybrid that works for me. It has a 72-gram Senior Flex shaft. Gives me good pop at impact, but is heavy enough I can feel it throughout the swing.

Cobra long clubs tend to have heavier stock shafts than most other companies. If you like the Fly Z irons, see if you can find any FlyZ or FlyZ XL hybrids. (the XL hybrids have somewhat lighter shafts).

I would suggest you test out and hopefully get fitted for the hybrids you want. Launch monitor time is a good start.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!