IGNORED

Anyone deal w/ Bushnell Customer Service?

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, a gust of wind caught my golf umbrella and tipped over my pushcart. My old Bushnell Tour V2 Slope Edition was in the side pocket. Long story short, it no longer wants to turn on. I don’t want to drop $200-$400 on something new. Do you guys have any experience w/ Bushnell customer service? Are these older rangefinders worth fixing $$? What is their turnaround like?

Alternately, is there something like an electronic yardage book you can get for iPhone? I don’t want to select clubs and track shots, as I don't want to mind my phone on every shot. I just want to see the yardages to the hazards and areas of the green.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So sorry about your range finder.  I personally haven't had any dealings with Bushnell but have heard great things about their customer service.   

There are many apps for your iphone that will give you distances to hazards and different parts of the green.  Golfshot, Golflogix, 18birdies, and many more.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

36 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

There are many apps for your iphone that will give you distances to hazards and different parts of the green.  Golfshot, Golflogix, 18birdies, and many more.

Thanks for the reply @dennyjones I did send my unit into Bushnell, fingers crossed. They said it would take 4 weeks, hopefully it doesn't cost $100 to fix.

I've looked at some of those apps but I was hoping to find one where I don't have to sign up/register, I get enough spam already. I don't want all the additional functionality, I just want a simple electronic yardage book. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had excellent customer service with Bushnell for my Neo XS watch - the charger is no longer available anywhere else and they sent one out within two days. Granted this is UK rather than US, but I imagine the service is similar. The price was very reasonable as well.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

That's good to hear @b101 I hope Bushnell gets back to me soon.. I'm really missing my rangefinder. I never realized how many things I used to shoot with it until I no longer had it. Trees, sandtraps, berms.. I even used it to see what the morons in front of me where doing ("are those guys rolling a cigarette?!!!"). The range finder unquestionably shaved several strokes off my average, I've lost a lot of confidence without it. I'm going back to our little exec course for a couple of weeks until (hopefully) I can get this problem resolved. 

On a related note, none of the courses I play have very detailed yardage books available, just real basic info. I would prefer a yardage book to a GPS app I just don't trust the GPS apps I have tried.

I bought one used Still had the warranty registration papers. Didn't work.  Told Bushnell the  full story. They replaced. No questions. GREAT! Then some b*****d stole it. -Marv 

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2017 at 0:42 PM, Kalnoky said:

So, a gust of wind caught my golf umbrella and tipped over my pushcart. My old Bushnell Tour V2 Slope Edition was in the side pocket. Long story short, it no longer wants to turn on. I don’t want to drop $200-$400 on something new. Do you guys have any experience w/ Bushnell customer service? Are these older rangefinders worth fixing $$? What is their turnaround like?

Alternately, is there something like an electronic yardage book you can get for iPhone? I don’t want to select clubs and track shots, as I don't want to mind my phone on every shot. I just want to see the yardages to the hazards and areas of the green.

Any update from Bushnell?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

13 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Any update from Bushnell?

Yes. After several weeks they sent out a generic letter with the following findings:

1. NO POWER
  2. CPU BOARD
  3. SOLAR BURNS

Unfortunately, their final disposition was BEYOND REPAIR/RECOMMEND REPLACE. 

I'm very suspicious of their findings. The unit worked perfectly fine before my cart fell over. It was dropped: it did not sizzle out. Something probably just came lose inside... I believe they could've fixed it if they wanted to, but the dollars didn't make sense to them. That's their prerogative I guess. 

They offered a refurbished pinseeker model (without slope) for $301(!) which I declined. I won't buy another rangefinder that cannot handle falling from golf bag height (while in a protective case no less). IMO a rangefinder for any sport should be able to take some knocks and keep working. 

My impression of Bushnell Customer Service is they are just another corporate churn & burn operations staffed by underpaid and disinterested drones ticking off checklists and following procedures. Since I'm no longer under warranty they just took the easy way out and dumped my service ticket. If I could do it all again I would look for a local electronics repairman to give me his opinion, at least I would save the money on shipping.

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!