IGNORED

Cart bag Ping DLX 2016 vs Pioneer 2017

Note: This thread is 2454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

I am looking for a new cart bag and I really liked the Ping Pioneer 2017.
Now, I saw one online shop that sells the Ping DLX 2016 at 33% discount, making it less expensive than the Pioneer 2017. 

Could anyone please advice if the DLX is so much better than Pioneer, that it "justifies one model year"? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by barnum1

• Administrator

The real thing seems to be whether you want the, I don't know, "leather-like" material on the DLX or the more traditional type material in the Pioneer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, the DLX material is probably more durable.

I did see one thing in a review at mygolfspy.com: the old DLX only has 5 full-length dividers.
Then the reviewers say: "The 5 full length dividers do a surprisingly good job of minimizing club binding."
Could anyone comment on that?

6 minutes ago, barnum1 said:

Yeah, the DLX material is probably more durable.

I did see one thing in a review at mygolfspy.com: the old DLX only has 5 full-length dividers.
Then the reviewers say: "The 5 full length dividers do a surprisingly good job of minimizing club binding."
Could anyone comment on that?

I've had many Ping bags. I had a pioneer and liked it, don't care for the look of the DLX....I use midsize grips so other than my mini Callaway staff bags I always have problems with clubs binding. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!